Is now a good time to buy a 350Z?

stanski

With all this impending market crash doom from the States on the news recently - maybe a good time to buy a new 350Z from the stealers?

I mean who in their right mind is going to want to buy a gas guzzling expensive sports car in this climate? :lol: They will take your arm off? :thumbs:

What do you recon - ?? ........Every cloud? ;)

Yes. Car sales are very slow, finance rates are coming down for those worthy, and it is a great car. Do it

Sold! :thumbs::drive1

If you phone around the dealers chances are one or more will be desparate to get a sale signed up before the end of the month to keep/up the % they get from Nissan for future months - play 'em off with one another. When I ordered mine at the end of November 2006 the local dealer was prepared to match the £2.5k discount I got through another source, but beforehand they were as tight as a ducks .... They did not get the order because I had more respect for the source who went out their way in the first place to get me the best deal ;)

One think I recently found out is which is not obviuos to the man on the street:

If you buy an ex demo then does not count towards additional car sales as dealer cannot count it twice (once to dealership and once to customer)

But on second-hand cars then it is seen as first time sale for that dealer.

Therefore, find out if the dealer needs to have a min number of sales made this month/Qtr/Year and use the knowledge to get better price. Say the demo is more attractive, but if he reduced the second hand one it would swing the balance to that car.

Worth a try, but if you are getting new then just get 3 quotes from dealers and show each of them broker pricing, Printout below link and take it with you. http://www.broker4cars.co.uk/nissan/new-nissan-350z.htm who say they can get £1600 off price for new.

New car sales are down, but used car sales are up 2.5% (YTD Dec 07).

With the high street lender becoming fussier about lending criteria, Nissan Finance and other dealer (point of sale) finance is becoming more competitive.

Add to that - a new 380Z in 09 (according to AutoCar), increased fuel prices and shocking VED and it looks good for a discount on a new Zed.

But, I think any discount given now will be relative to the £££ lost at sale of the car in 1-3 years through depreciation.

I have just ordered a new Zed as a company car and my lease company will pay just over £26k for a GT. That gives a guide for potential new car discounts?

Ive been into the main dealer in Birmingham 3 times now and they won't offer me a decent discount for a quick no hassle sale. Its like they don't want to sell the car! The arrogant t*** said he'll wait till summer to sell it if he has to, but he won't discount the price any lower than £500 off the ticket.

Thanks guys :D

Thats some more useful info for us all impending buyers or part-exers!

I did'nt know about the demo /second hand sales thing?

Bottom line for me if I was to buy brand new again then I would have to keep it 4-5 years this time at least offset the depreciation someway? ;)

Also if they are going to produce a new 350Z in 09 - then either we wait another 12 months (save up) and buy a cheaper 08 model or maybe they will have a deal on for you to buy the new 09 model? Who knows....... :headhurt:

Stan

Car dealers are ultimately measured by registrations, not sales, as that is what gets published out there. At the moment my Dad's place is watching used cars go quite readily, and new is a struggle. But then that's what interest rate hikes do.....!!

If dealers would rather not give an extra £500 off a car now in the hope of selling it is 4 months, they are mad. The risk doesn't make sense, but it'll be his loss when it is still sat there! :)

If dealers would rather not give an extra £500 off a car now in the hope of selling it is 4 months, they are mad. The risk doesn't make sense, but it'll be his loss when it is still sat there!

Your right mate but you dont expect them to have common sense do you!

Thats the touble with a lot of companies - they are so keen on making money every where they lose out in the end!

Whats the point of holding out getting max profit from a niche market car when its better to lose a few quid, sell it and your likely to get the follow up business with servicing etc when you can really fleece them! :angry:

Crazy fools! Greed eh? :dry:

If dealers would rather not give an extra £500 off a car now in the hope of selling it is 4 months, they are mad. The risk doesn't make sense, but it'll be his loss when it is still sat there!

Thats the touble with a lot of companies - they are so keen on making money every where they lose out in the end!

Whats the point of holding out getting max profit from a niche market car when its better to lose a few quid, sell it and your likely to get the follow up business with servicing etc when you can really fleece them! :angry:

you got it in 1 :thumbs:

you got it in 1 :thumbs:

When you have people who aren't really salesmen, then yes. My Dad has struggled through times like this for the last 30 years, and that sort of attitude is all too common from Joe cowboys who rock up thinking they are the nuts. Dealerships want a quick turnaround of cars. At the end of they day, there is a cost of money in holding all of that stock....

When you have people who aren't really salesmen, then yes. My Dad has struggled through times like this for the last 30 years, and that sort of attitude is all too common from Joe cowboys who rock up thinking they are the nuts

Your right its all about looking past their initial, immediate gratification and thinking further afield!

Is it not better to have a steady stream of loyal customers return over and over than burning someone for serious cash and thinking they are Numero uno Sales bod! Greed!

Don't get me wrong there's nowt wrong with making money its all about how you do it and ensure you treat people fairly and with respect .

Ha when was the last time that happend to you? :dry:

Ohh I'm getting all deep and meaningful there sorry! (wonder if that chick has still got her Zed stuck in the mud! :headhurt: )

Stan