Dash Cam Decisions

rtbiscuit

Dash Cam Choices  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which Camera option is best

• Front only SuperHD
    • Front & Rear 1080p (choice and reliability concerns)
    • Front & Rear 720p (reliability)
    • none of the above

Nice one! Yeah its great isnt it for the price I was amazed. How have you routed yours, down the A pillar to the AUX behind the drivers seat too? I've had mine since the end of December, it was an xmas present.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ambarella-A7LA50-Mini-0805-XHD-1296P-Car-Dash-Cam-Camera-DVR-GPS-Logger-UK-STOCK-/291566534152?hash=item43e2b83e08:g:dycAAOSwsB9V-hlL

This the one?

How much trim pulling and wire tucking is involved? I was initially looking at a Roadhawk but they're very pricey and need to be hardwired in. I like the idea of one that just goes into the 12v, as long as it starts when I turn the ignition.

I have the blackvue (Front and rear) and had problems at the start ............. but they were of my own making (RTFM)

their cameras "prefer" their own SD cards at the higher capacity and this is true as I tried a few - but only the one supplied by blackvue has given no problems ............ also - format the card in the camera not on the pc (although you can, but more often than not when you put it back in the camera it doesn't like it :wacko: )

resolution at 1020 is more than enough - you can view the footage on your phone (low quality), on the software provided for your pc (low quality) but when you export it as a proper vid ... full HD

as said reliability - I've had no issues, other than my own making :blush:

When SD cards are manufactured they inevitably have failed sectors. This is why when you put a 4GB card into your PC it may read 3.89GB or some such, the 0.11GB represents the dead stuff.

That's not actually true.

Manufacturers use 1000MB = 1GB. Windows uses 1024 = 1GB.

Put the same HDD in a Mac and you would see 1000MB = 1GB because Apple updated their OS to show the manufacturers quota.

• Like 1

Item in post #10

Just yesterday installed this in my 350z, wow love it works great and excellent video quality. Nice and simple to use and screen goes to sleep while in use which is good for night driving.

Nice one! Yeah its great isnt it for the price I was amazed. How have you routed yours, down the A pillar to the AUX behind the drivers seat too? I've had mine since the end of December, it was an xmas present.

What memory card are you using out of interest? I went with a 32Gb and based on my commute distance I seem to get about 7 days of footage before it has to start deleting to make room for new.

VERY good matey, pleased with it!! bought a Nextbase mini for the mrs car some months back then opt'd for the one you shared for mine and its better in every aspect. ease of use, has gps, picture quality and viewing angle.

behind rear view mirror, along the roof lining to N/S a post, routed along the lining to the b post and all the way down to the door sill and then behind the passenger seat to the rear 12v power socket.

16gb as i had one doing nowt already.

Just bought the Blackvue DR650GW 1CH kit for my car, so fingers crossed it's decent enough.

Bought anything yet Rich?

Blackvue's are pdg, sold loads, should be fine but then you can be a fussy bugger😉

I'm using one of these, for £80 its great value for money:

http://www.carcamera.../mini-0805.html

(edit still available on eBay for cheaper now, £65!)

http://www.ebay.co.u...m-/171397354236

$_12.JPG

Review here: http://dashboardcame....com/mini-0805/

The supplied cable is long enough to route down the A piller, along the door trim and into the AUX socket behind the drivers seat. Its fit and forget, comes on with the car ignition and switches off with it too. The hardest part about the whole thing was buying a Class6 microSD from Amazon to put in the thing :)

If you would like any pics or footage from the 350z let me know and I'll go into the garage and get some for you.

Whats the battery life on this when fully charged?

Just bought the Blackvue DR650GW 1CH kit for my car, so fingers crossed it's decent enough.

Bought anything yet Rich?

not yet, been waiting on the insurance money to come through. not fully decided, but I think it will most likely be single channel for now.

Fitted mine today, surprisingly simple to find space to run the cable round half the car as apparently BMW fit and finish for the interior includes plenty of gaps between panels :lol:

Nice bit of kit, easy to set up, quality appears fine. Eight thumbs out of ten so far.

• Like 1

Using a lukas 9750 duo pro system myself ,bit pricey at £350 but can take two x512 g sd cards front and rear so plenty of recording space on the sd cards,been using this for a month now and had absolutly no problems with it whatsoever.

Oh ps full 1020 hd front and rear dual recording.

Edited by Mr shaggy