Balls :(

Ukeraa

Really dropped a bollock yesterday at work. I share an office with a lot of Mountune guys, we don't work together, we literally just happen to share an office. I was really late for a meeting and pulled into a space at a weird angle, I reversed to straighten up and thought I was going to clear the cars wing mirror next to me by a couple of inches, but ended popping off the outer case of their driver side wingmirror like an absolute idiot, in-front of like 20+ engineers... Oh how they laughed at me. But, they were really cool, and used their own shop to fix it at no cost, so I'm buying them a bottle of Jack Daniel's to say thanks/sorry.

Now, onto the Z. I have some paintwork to repair now on my passenger wing mirror, I'm surprised how well it stood up, but it needs fixing. I'll post a photo up later, but there's some scratch marks that's completely taken off the paint. What's the best way of going about this?

Ego thoroughly bruised, never rush to a meeting in your Z!!!

edit: This is the first time I've ever done something like this, I usually take pride in my driving :(.

Edited by Ukeraa

As it your wing mirrors you could try respraying them yourself with rattle cans. I turned mine black, nowhere near as good as a body shop but they are passable and I think i could get them looking a lot better if I had another go at them. Its the first thing I'd ever sprayed.

Or you could just buy carbon clip on covers.

Edited by Randy_Baton

Erm. Yeah, repair it myself is possible. I guess this was more of a rant at myself to be honest :lol: .

If it's just paint scratches then sand it down (the whole mirror cover) and fill the scratches with primer/filler if not too deep then sand, prep and spray.

• Like 1