Crack feels "stiff" when moving off after period o

stevie_350z

If I leave the car alone for a couple of days in the garage, then drive off slowly... it feels like a bit of an effort to move off, almost like the brakes are on a bit... anybody else get this?

If the car is "warm" and used regular, I don't get it.

It's a bit like when you've left the car for two weeks @ gatwick and when you get back the car has settled or something... but the garage has a concrete floor so I'm sure it's not that.

Anyone else have similar? Any ideas?

If I leave the car alone for a couple of days in the garage, then drive off slowly... it feels like a bit of an effort to move off, almost like the brakes are on a bit... anybody else get this?

If the car is "warm" and used regular, I don't get it.

It's a bit like when you've left the car for two weeks @ gatwick and when you get back the car has settled or something... but the garage has a concrete floor so I'm sure it's not that.

Anyone else have similar? Any ideas?

Mine does this. It feels like its the pads sticking to the discs or something similar...... :blush:

rusted up brake discs

+1 - I seem to get this a lot atm. Also does it happen after you wash the car? This is the same thing if the pads rust to the disc slightly :)

Always run the car up and down the drive with the brakes on to get rid of some of the excess water after washing it before putting the car back to bed in the garage with tha handbrake off and in gear

rusted up brake discs

+1 - I seem to get this a lot atm. Also does it happen after you wash the car? This is the same thing if the pads rust to the disc slightly :)

Always run the car up and down the drive with the brakes on to get rid of some of the excess water after washing it before putting the car back to bed in the garage with tha handbrake off and in gear

I have started recently to leave the car butted up against our paving stones at the front of the drive (drive slopes towards them) and with the car in gear :thumbs:

Does the rusting do anything dodgy? I find it happens when it rains as well. Not too comfortable leaving the car off the handbrake and in gear all the time incase the missus tries to fire her up and launches into the house :surrender:

rusted up brake discs

I have started recently to leave the car butted up against our paving stones at the front of the drive (drive slopes towards them) and with the car in gear :thumbs:

Does the rusting do anything dodgy? I find it happens when it rains as well. Not too comfortable leaving the car off the handbrake and in gear all the time incase the missus tries to fire her up and launches into the house :surrender:

But you cant start the car without depressing the clutch?

I guess she could do that, then take it off suddenly, lol.

Solution - dont let her drive it ;)

rusted up brake discs

I always leave mine in gear. Even more so after my last car, a Hyundai Coupe after a test drive by the dealer who didn't put it in gear, rolled off down the road because the handbrake failed! :headhurt:

I always leave the car in gear, at the end of the day you can't start it without pressing the clutch... Additional drivers just need educating ;)
I used to do the same, especially since my drive was on a slope and the house was at the bottom.

My advantage was only i drove the car :thumbs:

I always leave the car in gear, at the end of the day you can't start it without pressing the clutch... Additional drivers just need educating ;)
I used to do the same, especially since my drive was on a slope and the house was at the bottom.

My advantage was only i drove the car :thumbs:

Out of habit I do it in all cars. . . Real funny seeing people drive off after I've been in one of the works cars :lol:

Hey, the title reads "Crack feels stiff" - I meant "Car feels stiff"...

:lol:

Nobody picked up on it, slackers!

I give Louis my car when i am away :)

I just thought you were smoking it so thought i would leave you be.

If you are, you just said that you will let me have your car when you are away on work, :thumbs: