Extremely low emissions in MOT - why?

colesl4w

Hi all,

Not that I'm complaining about low emissions at all, but just carious as to why this would happen! I was getting my 05 Z MOT'd last week, and during the emissions test I had 2 or 3 testers standing around their machine scratching their head wondering why my emissions were so low. They made me rev the engine a few times just to get something detected. To be honest I initially thought I was way over the emissions as one tester said "oh dear oh dear oh dear" out loud lol. The car has nearly 90k miles on it, standard cats, but a very new Ark Grip fitted.

Can anyone explain why my emissions would be so low as to cause the testers confusion? I'm guessing the new exhaust might be something to do with it?

Oh no......have you just uncovered another embedded software in Nissan? B)

I'm not sure why, could be your new exhaust as you mentioned or their machine. How many miles have you driven with the ARK fitted?

Oh no......have you just uncovered another embedded software in Nissan? B)

I'm not sure why, could be your new exhaust as you mentioned or their machine. How many miles have you driven with the ARK fitted?

Hahah, I'd say the grip had about 1.5k miles on it at the time of testing.

There are some things in life I worry about. There are other things that I don't.

Having emissions that are exceptionally good on an MOT would go into the latter camp, and would never be thought about again. :)

• Like 1

There are some things in life I worry about. There are other things that I don't.

Having emissions that are exceptionally good on an MOT would go into the latter camp, and would never be thought about again. :)

Hahah certainly not a worry, just more curiosity than anything!

Zeezeebaba makes a good point about maybe running lean. Something for me to consider looking into in the future!