Nordschleife Training?

Terence Bower

Hi,I am a private Instructor (ARDS registered) working here(5 years)on the Nordschleife,also Spa(over 2000 laps)

If anyone is contemplating a trip over but is unsure of taking a lap or two,I can probably help you understand this fantastic 21klm of tarmac.Warning:Driving it is very ADDICTIVE.

Edited by Terence Bower
  • Like 4

Hi both,yes it has been a long while,sorry for the absence.

Long story cut short.Tried to help a "friend"set up a new rental company here-all seemed legit but eventually walked away.The owner walked away with a fair chunk of my money.Something she now deeply regrets as the Police were waiting for her at Dover

However we have also moved house-redecorating etc etc all takes time.

However.I decided to set up on my own apart from still contracting to RSR and Ring Speed-he has two Zs anyway.I have been driving the Ring and Spa for quite a few years racing and Instructing.My main concern is getting clients around safely but as quickly as they are safe to do so or feel comfortable with.It generally takes a days training to get to remember the vital points around here.At this point you then start to learn the place.Spa is completely different,being the fastest F1 track it has a few secrets but in general takes around half a day to learn.

If anyone feels they dont quite get "the flow"of the Ring,then Im pretty certain I can help.

Hi there. I am actually going over on the 5th May for a late 40th birthday trip.

I have booked 4 laps rental in an E36 compact with instruction through Need for Ring on the evening of the 9th. They seemed to get good reviews and prices were good too. I dont intend to go for any lap records but just looking forward to actually being able to drive it. I am in equal parts excited and scared. Need to stay away from the crash compliation videos on youtube and keep putting the laps in on Forza for the next couple of weeks!

Any tips you can offer a Ring virgin much appreciated?

You could also contact Paolo at ring-speed-motorsport.com for a Z experience.Again very good prices,an hours worth of instruction will cost €135 which I think compares favorably with any other Rental company.

Jumzo,first and formost,forget what you have seen on the monitor,it is nothing like the real thing ;)

Remember that the Ring is covered by German traffic laws and you should always drive on the Right-you as the driver are responsible for and actions the car takes whilst driving.KEEP checking those rear view mirrors as there WILL be much faster cars out there.Do NOT get yourself too wound up about it,a little adrenaline is good.Come here and ENJOY it,its why its here,for people like us to have fun.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Long story cut short.Tried to help a "friend"set up a new rental company here-all seemed legit but eventually walked away.The owner walked away with a fair chunk of my money.Something she now deeply regrets as the Police were waiting for her at Dover

However.I decided to set up on my own apart from still contracting to RSR and Ring Speed-he has two Zs anyway.I have been driving the Ring and Spa for quite a few years racing and Instructing.My main concern is getting clients around safely but as quickly as they are safe to do so or feel comfortable with.It generally takes a days training to get to remember the vital points around here.At this point you then start to learn the place.Spa is completely different,being the fastest F1 track it has a few secrets but in general takes around half a day to learn.

If anyone feels they dont quite get "the flow"of the Ring,then Im pretty certain I can help.

Sorry to hear about the owner running off with your money, well done for acting quickly to stop her leaving the country.

Sounds like you're very familiar with the circuits; if I ever venture over there, I'll remember this thread.

Sorry to hear about the owner running off with your money, well done for acting quickly to stop her leaving the country.

Sounds like you're very familiar with the circuits; if I ever venture over there, I'll remember this thread.

Thats nice to hear.Ill look out for your mail.

Going to be there tomorrow evening! Drove down to Cochem today so know roughly where we are going. Aiming to get down there early afternoon for a look around the area prior to my drive. Such excitement, just wish I was here with my Zed! So many cool cars about and getting no respect in my DS3 hire mobile! :D

• 3 months later...

Jumzo,so sorry I missed replying to you.Been very busy what with the house and work,house just about there now but the instruction continues to get busier.

If I can help you or anyone else I can be reached via email:terence.bower121@gmail.com

Edited by Terence Bower