A few questions regarding bucket seats

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

I was reading a recent thread regarding bucket seats and it's something I fancy looking into. I do have a few questions though that I hope someone can help me with.

1. Will any model of bucket seat fit in a 350Z?

2. Depending on the answer to question one, are any additional accessories required in order for them to fit on the existing rails and how easy are they to install?

3. Finally, does anyone know if there are any stores in the Somerset area where I could go and look at some seats and maybe try them, as I'm not exactly on the trim side and wouldn't really want to fork out for a pair online, without making sure I'd actually fit in them first.

Thanks.

youll have to get rails for the seats to mount to.

i think neilp has bucket seats, and i think i asked him a few years ago.

i think he has buddy club side mounts.

after i looked into it, it was a lot more money than i was willing to spend, as the standard seats are pretty good anyways.

No, not all seats will fit. The very vast majority will though, so I wouldn't worry about that. However, I would be far more concerned about comfort than anything else: Not all seats are equally comfortable, and price has very little to do with this. The good thing is you're already considering this :thumbs:

In terms of places to go, I'm afraid you're going to have to travel. The two best places are Demon Tweeks in Wrexham or GSM Performance in Nottingham. Both are great, DT has a slightly bigger selection but they're all fixed down, GSM not quite as many but have some rarer models on display and you can move them around in-store so you can compare side by side.

Either one will be fine, you'll definitely find something there for you. It might be a bit of a trek, but considering that you spend 100% of your time whilst driving sitting down you soon realise that a six hour drive is nothing in the grand scheme of things :)

Thanks for the feedback guys.

It would of been great if there was somewhere close to where I live, but as you say Ekona, in the grand scheme of things a six hour drive would be worth it to make sure that the seats I get are comfortable, as I will be sitting in them quite a lot when they are fitted.

I will check out Merlin Motorsport, thanks Jetpilot. Even if they haven't got a massive selection they may at least be able to advise on the types of seats available and give me a few useful pointers.

Thanks Neilp.

The less work involved to fit them, the better.

I don't mind my current seats, but they don't really cushion you and I will admit, I've always liked the look of Bucket Seats.

The picture below is the sort of thing I would like as I have a UY GT4 and the yellow would fit really well.

So you want recliners rather than proper buckets? Probably not so much of an issue for fitting you personally then, but definitely as important comfort wise :)

Personally I'd stay away from anything that yellow though, it's a bright colour so less is more. Speak to Mondo on here from Hide n Seat, he'll be able to retrim to your own preference.

Oh cool, thanks Ekona.

I'll have to look into proper bucket seats then. I think my choice might be a bit limited as fitting in them could be a problem. But if I do find something that works, I will certainly get in touch with Hide n Seat and see if they can help me out with a retrim.

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have fixed sparcos on OMP rails! My mates just fixed them as I'm clueless but because of the way the Zed is and maybe due to the rails the drivers seat sits quite a bit higher then the passenger seat! My seats are also very small, was worried about the space inside but me being honest with you, I wish I had gone bigger but there good for me, so not to worried!

Trying to upload some pics for you but photobucket is being slow! So will add them to the post when done!

This the only pic that will upload! This might be normal but I never noticed it till these seats went in!

image_zpsorkaryml.jpeg

Edited by Bobby D

Don't think so, they look like they've got plain f/g backs and the Sprints are covered all over. They look wider at the shoulder than the Sprints to me.

Now watch them turn out to be Sprints...

• Like 1

No no not sprints haha! There Sparco Rev pluses! Fairly cheap ones to be honest but they will do till I'm on pop star wages!

Yes both seats are on rails, the passenger seat is fixed fixed, no adjustment at all.

Here is a picture my misses took the other day, sorry about the pillow haha she won't travel in it with out it hahaha

image_zpsrl1lln1m.jpeg

• Like 1

Hang on, they can't both be on rails if the passenger one doesn't move! :lol:

The reason the driver one is higher is because it's on slidey rails, and the pax one isn't. Easily sorted, just buy some for the pax side too.