Plenum Spacer?

Space Cadet

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest prescience
Is there a guide on here for fitting the plenum? Mine should be here soon :yahoo:

When you fit it, you can write one to benefit others ;)

Guest prescience

The Guide is on here too and funnily enough it can be found in the Guides section - now there's a novelty :p

However you need a V+ guide which will be subtly different I would think, so when you find the differences, add to the V4 thread

The Guide is on here too and funnily enough it can be found in the Guides section - now there's a novelty :p

However you need a V+ guide which will be subtly different I would think, so when you find the differences, add to the V4 thread

Will do! As of next week i'll have hi flo cats, plenum, nismo exhaust and popcharger :bose:

Can it get any louder without FI?

Guest prescience

Since the original thread was about plenum spacers, a quick :thumbs: to 350z-tech.com/zwiki for the excellent guide on installing the Motordyne spacer. They also have what looks a great guide for the Kinetix SSV (that is a rather more involved install)

Guest prescience

Will do! As of next week i'll have hi flo cats, plenum, nismo exhaust and popcharger :bose:

Remove the exhaust altogether and get back to me :p

Seriously, that's gonna drone at Motorway speeds (80+) and its not to everyone's taste - hope you don't mind that. At other lower speeds its B)

Seriously, that's gonna drone at Motorway speeds (80+) and its not to everyone's taste - hope you don't mind that. At other lower speeds its B)

Mate, I listen to my music on volume 31 permanently :surrender: I like noise :teeth::teeth:

Is there a guide on here for fitting the plenum? Mine should be here soon :yahoo:

I'll give you a tip Sarnie , don't use the allen key's supplied by Kinetix , use a quality one or you'll end up with stripped out allen screw heads !!, and don't overdo the loctite application or when it comes time to remove you'll never get them out !! l

Mate, I listen to my music on volume 31 permanently :surrender: I like noise :teeth::teeth:

We've noticed, you never shut up :teeth:

Where's everyone getting there Plenum from? Only place is from Kinetix as far as i can find? and it doesnt list postage which id presume will be hefty to the uk??! :yuck:

think it works out less than £250 all inc p&p with the pound strong against the dollar :thumbs:

Where's everyone getting there Plenum from? Only place is from Kinetix as far as i can find? and it doesnt list postage which id presume will be hefty to the uk??! :yuck:

think it works out less than £250 all inc p&p with the pound strong against the dollar :thumbs:

Hmm, def something to think seriously about then!! Thanks lomoto

Ordered my Plenum from Kinetix yesterday, straight forward enough job to replace? Anything i should look out for?

straight forward job to fit , :) about an hour max

dont use the allen keys Kinetix supply with the kit to fit though, as they are poor quality and you will strip out the allen head bolts..use a top quality tool :thumbs:

I used a torque wrench to tighten down plenum retaining bolts as it is pretty critical to avoid distortion and to get a good gas tight seal

Cheers Lomoto. dont know when its due to arrive, but was shipped from them yesterday apparantly. Got the Typhoon to fit til the plenum gets here which should keep me amused for a while anyway!

I would fit them all at the same time as you have to remove the induction kit to fit the Plenum :)

Lomoto - knowing you've fitted the Kinetix, is it a worth while mod? Did it change the sound or increase performance much? Sorry if you've already gone over this. I don't know whether i should add a plenum or decats next?

Jobo - you have PM

to be honest Ruby , nothing I have added has given me any tangible benefit as regards increase performance over standard setup :blush:

Having said that I wouldnt change anything and probably would buy the same things all over again given the chance..All the things I have added like the plenum , air filter, exhaust, hi-flo cats etc, have certainly added to the aural pleasure :teeth:

Having said that I wouldnt change anything and probably would buy the same things all over again given the chance..All the things I have added like the plenum , air filter, exhaust, hi-flo cats etc, have certainly added to the aural pleasure :teeth:

I can agree with that :thumbs: Had my Decats & plenum fitted today :teeth: it sounds great B). Felt a bit faster but that could be all in the mind with the extra noise

I can agree with that :thumbs: Had my Decats & plenum fitted today :teeth: it sounds great B). Felt a bit faster but that could be all in the mind with the extra noise

yep we've had a full psychological tune ;)