Wanted - 2 x 225/45/R18

veeg33

As title, if anyone within Yorkshire region has a pair of front touring tyres for sale, I'll be interested to buy them from you and collect with cash B) Might travel a bit further if price is right.

Sent my zed in to my local garage this morning to check on my ABS issue. He did not manage to solve the ABS issue (he can't pin point the issue without propose Nissan OBS Consult) but notice the front passenger side tyre, inner thread is almost border line, hence advice to replace them. Still around 4-5mm on both rears hence I'm hoping to run some part worn for a bit until the rear are near to legal limit, then swap all 4 at the same time.

I'm planning to buy a part worn for the front for now so that I'm always on the legal side whist i sort out the ABS issue, which might cost me a fortune to fix. So until i know how much I need to pay, I'm not really in a position to spend £600 ish for a full set of MPSS (front and rear)

Before someone kicks me, i know its not the best set up to run different tyre brand front and rear but I'm a bit skint at the moment due to moving to a new house. Hopefully this will be a temp fix so that I can still drive my zed legally to work and back, once everything settles (house and ABS issue), will then swap out all 4 with brand new MPSS.

Cheers

Veegee

Hi mate, I've just had my wheels refurbed, and put a new set of MPSS all round.

I have two 225/45/18's with around 4mm tread for sale - Unfortunately I am based down south near Bournemouth.

They are Falken FK453's and you can see them in the "350z parts for sale" section

Are you going to the Silverstone Japfest? I might be able to bring them then?

• Like 1

Yep, I've checked Ebay. 2x in Bradford but seller wants £80 each, both has been puncture repaired :scare:

Also visited a local independent tyre shop. Part worn for £40 each (Pzero) but he only has 1 in stock. He did offered me Jinyu budget tyres......brand new £65 fitted and balanced. I never heard of them before but online review seems positive --> http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Jinyu/YU61.htm

Will continue to try searching for temp part worn for now. If i can sort out my ABS issue with minimum cost, I will go for MPSS all corners (£648ish with £50 fuel voucher from ATS Euromaster) but if the ABS fix going to cost me money, I'm considering Jinyu all corners for less than £260

I think I'd rather walk. ;)

In all seriousness, if you are considering that then PLEASE remember you will have exceptionally reduced grip all round, which means massively increased braking distances in the wet. I've run cheapies all round on an MX5 before on purpose, purely because I wanted the car to move around a lot and tbh whilst it was great for going sideways, I'd never consider it again and certainly not in a car with a good amount of torque.

• Like 1

Yep, I've checked Ebay. 2x in Bradford but seller wants £80 each, both has been puncture repaired :scare:

Also visited a local independent tyre shop. Part worn for £40 each (Pzero) but he only has 1 in stock. He did offered me Jinyu budget tyres......brand new £65 fitted and balanced. I never heard of them before but online review seems positive --> http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Jinyu/YU61.htm

Will continue to try searching for temp part worn for now. If i can sort out my ABS issue with minimum cost, I will go for MPSS all corners (£648ish with £50 fuel voucher from ATS Euromaster) but if the ABS fix going to cost me money, I'm considering Jinyu all corners for less than £260

Thats terrifying haha

You can get mid range tyres for not a lot more, and my MPSS were around £530 from Oponeo just over a week ago. Shop around, maybe try Falkens? Not bad for the money but not great either

• Like 1

Thats terrifying haha

You can get mid range tyres for not a lot more, and my MPSS were around £530 from Oponeo just over a week ago. Shop around, maybe try Falkens? Not bad for the money but not great either

I'm not keen on them to be honest, maybe on a slower less powerful car. :scare:

Cool, thanks mate. I'll shop around. I've only checked Tyreleader and Blackcircle so far. Will try the one you proposed.

I think I have a pair in my parents garage down in Harrogate.

I'm down there on Saturday so will try remember to have a look for you.

If your interested I'll let you know details, tread depths etc once I've had a look.

• Like 1

Also visited a local independent tyre shop. Part worn for £40 each (Pzero) but he only has 1 in stock. He did offered me Jinyu budget tyres......brand new £65 fitted and balanced. I never heard of them before but online review seems positive --> http://www.tyrerevie.../Jinyu/YU61.htm

Thats terrifying haha

Cool, thanks mate. I'll shop around. I've only checked Tyreleader and Blackcircle so far. Will try the one you proposed.

But you'll trust Jinyu? Really? Falkens have great reviews too....

Also visited a local independent tyre shop. Part worn for £40 each (Pzero) but he only has 1 in stock. He did offered me Jinyu budget tyres......brand new £65 fitted and balanced. I never heard of them before but online review seems positive --> http://www.tyrerevie.../Jinyu/YU61.htm

Thats terrifying haha

But you'll trust Jinyu? Really? Falkens have great reviews too....

I mean I'm not really keen on Jinyu. I do like my spirited driving every now and then, so would rather pay extra to avoid loosing my zed or my life.

I'm pretty much set on MPSS now. Get the front first, then rear a month later.

what tyres have you got on the rear at the moment? dan will be along shortly to inform you of the perils of running different grip levels front and rear (I personally think you'll be fine)

Running on Toyo Proxes T1 Sport all corner at the moment. I quite like them to be honest, hence did considered buying them again but I would like to try something new. MPSS seems to be the best for zed, so will give it a go and see/feel how good they are.

The pair I have are kumho ecsta, 225 45 18.

They're not far off new tread wise, there's no damage or previous repairs from memory (but I'll double check when I'm there tomorrow)

If they're any good to you let me know? Does £30 each sound fair?

Cheers

• Like 1

The pair I have are kumho ecsta, 225 45 18.

They're not far off new tread wise, there's no damage or previous repairs from memory (but I'll double check when I'm there tomorrow)

If they're any good to you let me know? Does £30 each sound fair?

Cheers

You have a PM B)