Noise in decibels from Nismo/Fujitsubo exhaust with popcharg

rickya

I currently have a Fujitsubo exhasut which is similar to the Nismo (a little lower in tone & slightly less raspy & but slightly quiter than Nismo). This by itself wasnt too loud. But I also then added a JWT Popcharger which all together now make a bit of a racket! (if I put in Tesco 99 ron then its even bloody louder, better stick with Shell V power instead!!)

My question is has anyone had the noise measured in decibels or knows what it might be. The reason being some tracks have quiet-road car noise days set at 98Db. They also have higher sound days at e.g 105 Db.

I dont think my zed will be under 98db?? (On fujitsubo website noise with my exhasut is 94db & thats without the popcharger)

ps member GrantW may know who I believe is a seasoned member of easy track ;)

Maybe Il be ok with 98db then??

Id say so :thumbs:

My nur spec is 94db & thats a y-pipe back exhaust. With my other mods id guess im over 98db & its pretty hard to have a conversation at anything above 1500RPM :teeth:

get some decats on ya fujitsubo and then it really comes alive ;) remember mine round the city?

Na in all seriousness, i dont think a popcharger will make it that much louder. Its a different kinda sound anyway. Decats and hi-flows are what makes the racket, though even then its only under load it gets overly noisy

J

thought the nismo was actually illegal in db terms. Hence the reason why Nissan don't offer it officially on the options list.

I thought it was the emissions? :)

How can it do something to the emissions? It's cat-back. That part only changes the noise the car makes (and airflow).

thought the nismo was actually illegal in db terms. Hence the reason why Nissan don't offer it officially on the options list.

How can it do something to the emissions? It's cat-back. That part only changes the noise the car makes (and airflow).

You can get done for breach of peace if your cars too loud. Well, thats the stories ive heard. Very unlikely though.

Lots of smileys today Sarnie? You in a good mood?

You can get done for breach of peace if your cars too loud. Well, thats the stories ive heard. Very unlikely though.

I didnt think there was a noise restriction on cars only motorbikes?

I didnt think there was a noise restriction on cars only motorbikes?

Depends if someone makes a complaint i would imagine, i know you can get done for having your stereo too loud. Although with some of the boy racers ive heard im quite happy about that.

I once heard some young lad in a suped up Corsa or something going through town playing Spice Girls :scare::headhurt:

Saw a chap in a "tuned" Seat ibiza last week at the petrol station.

I ve seen quite my share of tuned ibiza's, but this one was what they would call "the daddy" I guess :lol:

He had another exhaust system too. And then he started his car and drove of. It was a diesel engine. It sounded like a mix of a bulldozer and a harley davidson :headhurt: He must be very proud

You can get done for it. My neighbour has had the police to me a few times because of my car - that was before the straight pipes went in :lol:

You can get done for it. My neighbour has had the police to me a few times because of my car - that was before the straight pipes went in :lol:

Thats not nice.. hope u put a brick thru their window for the trouble :D

Thats not nice.. hope u put a brick thru their window for the trouble :D

Too much hassle TBH. I get my revenge with random early morning startups & random late night returns :)