Wheels and offsets ........

docwra

Had a search about but couldnt find a definitive answer on this one ..........

Im after some new wheels and have my eye on a set atm - the fronts are 18x10J -3 and rears 18x11J -16. Nice. B)

Q is, will they fit straight on?? The rears are pretty fat, and its them Im worried about most really, so if anyone could help Id appreciate it :)

Additionally, has anyone had the arches on their Zed rolled or flared?? Is it possible with the flat sides??

Cheers :thumbs:

Had a search about but couldnt find a definitive answer on this one ..........

Im after some new wheels and have my eye on a set atm - the fronts are 18x10J -3 and rears 18x11J -16. Nice. B)

Q is, will they fit straight on?? The rears are pretty fat, and its them Im worried about most really, so if anyone could help Id appreciate it :)

Additionally, has anyone had the arches on their Zed rolled or flared?? Is it possible with the flat sides??

Cheers :thumbs:

-ve offsets! :scare:

Unless you've got a widebody Veilside V3 kit it'll look like a monster truck! :headhurt:

Without rolling arches you want an offset of around +20. If you roll you can be more aggressive. Lots of US guys do it. Take a look around my350z.com for ideas. :thumbs:

Its all about the single figure offset ;)

Can you tell me (Ive searched this before as well) what the offset on the OE Rays wheels is then please? I know they are 18x8.5's ......... but not a lot else. :surrender:

And no, Im not letting on yet as you will all copy me :D

Can you tell me (Ive searched this before as well) what the offset on the OE Rays wheels is then please? I know they are 18x8.5's ......... but not a lot else. :surrender:

Too bloody high - my Zed looks like a boat ATM. :headhurt:

those are not going to come close to fitting unless you have a very very very wide wide-body kit

This is why I want to know the offset on my current wheels though - if they are an 8.5 ET30, then its 89mm further out. 20mm of that is the existing arch, and I reckon another 20mm can be got from a decent flare on the arch ........ EDIT - they are a +30. Good guess huh?? :D

If my calculations (and assumption on the Rays offset) is right, then I could get away with anything up to a 10J ET0 :D

Its all about the single figure offset ;)

And no, Im not letting on yet as you will all copy me :D

Offsets on the Rays alloys that were optional on pre2006 cars, and then became standard are 8"+30 (front) and 8.5" +33 (rear).

There you go.

Am running Volk 19" GT-S 9.5 and 10.5 they are +22s and they are right on the edge of the lip as you look down form above front and back if thats any good.

If you go with the types your looking at I think your lips are going to be sticking out about 2.6cm...