Single key for Z

PEDZED

Hello Z'drs

I need replace a lost key. When I bought the car it was sold with only one key and I would like to rectify this.

Is there an easier solution than the whole system needing replacing?

Appreciate your help and experience on this.

Thank you.

Pete

Guest marcw79

I went through this last year having purchased a Zed with only one key ... No cheap or easy answer here ...there are some eBay keys that may or may not work ... All the auto locksmiths i contacted were unable or unwilling to help once they heard the make and model ... I bit the bullet and it cost me around 280 in the end for key and coding from main dealer ... It sucks ...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I recoded my spare after the battery was out for a while. For the price, it might be worth buying a blank, getting it cut and trying this yourself versus what Nissan charge. It must have the transponder thing though as that's what the NATS works off.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/83154-remote-out-of-sync-solved-how-to-reprogram-it/

• Like 1

You can buy a used Micra key off eBay for about £10, recode it yourself and then it's just a case of getting a new blade cut.

My friend washed her Z key in her jeans pocket and we did this. She was obviously able to use the pre-existing blade, it was the electronic internals that were required. But all in, it cost less than £10. I'll see if I can find the reprogramming guide.

• Like 1