Any amusing/interesting stories involving Law Enforcement and "spirited" driving?

ioneabee

sadly (or not) I haven't got anything - just thought it would be interesting on a wet saturday morning

looking for amusing / horror stories of how you've been dealt with ............ not whether you've been a tool on the public roads

Not regarding me, but my other half works in the police (not going to say what role or what area for obvious reasons, but its nowhere near me!). Her late shift finished at midnight and just by chance a police officer in their traffic car was going the same way on their route as she was going home.

She enjoys the odd "spirited" drive so they ended up having a little race together! The bad part is that the police officer actually tripped a GATSO camera, but obviously they just radio this in and it gets forgotten about!

Not that I condone this ofcourse ;) It was however gone midnight, on a 50mph section of straight dual carriageway in the dry, so whilst not legal, it was about as safe as a bit of spirited driving could be. Just makes me laugh that its not just the "boy racers" the police have a bit of fun too....sometimes!

Edited by cs2000

When I had my scooter back in the 60's getting stopped was very common. Anyway, I had a minor accident and was prosecuted for driving without due care and attention. I was fined £5 and had to hand my license in to be endorsed. A couple of days later I was stopped and given a ticket to show my license and insurance at a police station within 5 days. Of course, my licence wasn't returned and this resulted in me being summonsed for failing to produce my licence :surrender: ....couldn't happen today. A couple of days before I was due in court the police dropped the charge.

Pete

Many moons ago my boss got pulled one night in his 200sx.

No offences committed.

Just a stop and search.

Officer's reasoning was he fitted the profile.

Young Asian lad and performance Jap car.

Either stolen and joyriding or out to commit a crime.

He had his mum and grandma in the car at the time :lol:

I managed to get arrested for trying to steal my own car many moons ago. Left the car outside a pub and realised I'd locked it and left the keys in the ignition. Got caught putting the back window out and as it was my birthday I was blind drunk too. I had zero intention of driving the car but narrowly avoided futher trouble because the copper was convinced I was going to drive it. Once back at the station they realized I was being truthful and back to the pub I went. That same day the car was stolen, someone climbed in the back window and took off in it. I couldn't stop laughing at the time, it was a complete she'd anyway.

• Like 1

The best one is a little too daft for the forum but what the hell...

About 10 years ago I was on route to a skatepark with 5 lads in the car and one in the boot, was in a ep3 type r at the time. We didn't have any money for the tunnel so waited until the guy in front had paid and as the barrier went up I floored it and got under, it came down on the roof of the car. Turns out a police car watched us jump the barrier and we got pulled over. Bob Marley was playing on the cd player and the car stunk of the funky stuff, we all had a massive case of the giggles. The copper put me in his car and started searching mine. I'll never forget his face and the laughter that followed when he opened the boot, moved a road map and my mates face was under it. It was proper comedy gold, even the copper was laughing his head off by this point. Still unsure how I got away with that one, I didn't even get a fine, they just took my mate out the boot and drove him home. Worth mentioning I don't condone this behaviour now, being young and stupid was the cause of this situation. I do look back and laugh tho.

• Like 1