Shopping in America

ZeppoJeff

So I'm going across to the states in a months time and while thinking about what do etc when I'm there the penny dropped that car parts are cheaper over there.

I've already spoken to somewhere about some stuff I'm needing when I start my supercharger build but where is good for zed parts in the states?

Plan is just to order while I'm over there and get shipped to the hotel then fly home. Already looked into the amount you can bring back and it supposedly up to the value of £390.

Get me some 3v CR2048 lithium rechargeable batteries please!!!

They are cheap and the only place I can get them is Australia or USA and neither will export them. It drives me nuts!

I have a Garmin watch that uses them and Garmin say ones they wear out the watch is scrap. Just for the sake of a battery. :angry:

If you have a square centimetre spare in the suitcase of course :)

Edited by Toon Chris
  • Like 1

They are cheap and the only place I can get them is Australia or USA and neither will export them. It drives me nuts!

I have a Garmin watch that uses them and Garmin say ones they wear out the watch is scrap. Just for the sake of a battery. :angry:

FAA rules state you must not put any form of lithium battery in suitcases, they must be carried with the passenger at all times.

FAA rules state you must not put any form of lithium battery in suitcases, they must be carried with the passenger at all times.

Woops... I'll file that away with the "don't bring your key knife in your hand luggage" rule I forget about every time, it's been with me on a plane to US 4 times now, big enough it shouldn't be there. I put Li batteries from my camera, GoPro, Phone, all sorts in my case, no one has ever cared.

EDIT: I'm not saying it's ok to do here, just that i'm retarded enough to do it.

Edited by Husky

Woops... I'll file that away with the "don't bring your key knife in your hand luggage" rule I forget about every time, it's been with me on a plane to US 4 times now, big enough it shouldn't be there. I put Li batteries from my camera, GoPro, Phone, all sorts in my case, no one has ever cared.

EDIT: I'm not saying it's ok to do here, just that i'm retarded enough to do it.

they also state that they should be wrapped in such a way that the electrical contacts can not come in to contact with anything metal. They are getting picky about batteries since peoples hover board things keep blowing up, and MH370 was carrying a shed load of batteries in the hold . . :surrender:

Can we agree to stop calling them "Hoverboards" :p

I prefer calling them selfbalancing scooters myself, as Hoverboards need to have a Mattel logo on them and actually hover over the ground

I prefer to call them 'Chav-o-tastic Boards'.

• Like 2

If I come across ur battery's then I'll see if I can pick some up for you.