Tar & Crud - White Car

350Chris

My other half has recently picked up a White Mercedes CLA (in place of the 370)

This is my first involvement with a white car and I have been topping up the cleaning supplies accordingly by adding some poorboys white diamond to an already comprehensive list of snow foams, wheel cleaners and Dodo juice shampoos & waxes.

Having given the car an introductory once over yesterday, to see what I was dealing with, it is clear that the car has not been washed overly regularly and it is showing allot of yellow/black tar marks.

The yellow ones look older and have almost bled out and lessened in colour – hence the yellowing.

I am reluctant to take a clay bar or glove to the car straight away as the volume of crud will eat through the bar in no time.

What am I best to tackle the car with and where in the wash cycle should I be doing it?

My theory would be;

Foam

Wash

Dry

*Tar treatment* ?

Clay

Rinse

Dry

Prewax (lime prime or diamond white)

Wax (something plus supernatural)

Any guidance is welcome - I also have black wheels with a diamond cut lip to contend with - for which I would traditionally used Poorboys wheel wax after Bilberry and a couple of hand washes?

Tardis is awesome stuff for removing tar, however with Autosmart's recent decision regarding distribution it's not necessarily easy to get hold of these days - absolutely do NOT buy from eBay!!

Regarding the yellower contaminants, they're likely to be iron deposits so you will probably need a fallout remover too.

Your theory is the correct order, fallout remover would follow tar remover.

Tardis is awesome stuff for removing tar, however with Autosmart's recent decision regarding distribution it's not necessarily easy to get hold of these days - absolutely do NOT buy from eBay!!

Regarding the yellower contaminants, they're likely to be iron deposits so you will probably need a fallout remover too.

Your theory is the correct order, fallout remover would follow tar remover.

Best place to buy auto smart now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Officially the only place to buy their products are from their local franchisee rep.

This will undoubtedly mean that it'll cost the individual more for small or one off purchases, but the price will be determined by your local rep. It also means you have to arrange a time to meet your local rep.