M-tech ebay gear knobs

niz

Has anyone tried these gear knobs? They look good for the money

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-CUSTOM-ALLOY-GEAR-KNOB-HEAVYWEIGHT-14-/182039305608?hash=item2a62635d88:g:koIAAOSwrklVUfxC

He can do different colours - looking at this other listing there's a colour that might just match the tan/orange interior although it might be wishful thinking

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-ST-225-ALLOY-GEAR-KNOB-CARBON-WRAPPED-COLOURS-2-/182038500329?hash=item2a625713e9:g:6IUAAOSwpDdU51UF

I have, got the heavyweight 350z one. there's something to be said for the weight, but it's really a bit too big. You get used to it but shifting it forwards you really have to sort of use your hand side on, on the wrapped bit. and it's damned cold to hold on to on frosty mornings! they're stainless steel

• Like 1

I have, got the heavyweight 350z one. there's something to be said for the weight, but it's really a bit too big. You get used to it but shifting it forwards you really have to sort of use your hand side on, on the wrapped bit. and it's damned cold to hold on to on frosty mornings! they're stainless steel

Snap! Quality item though

Snap! Quality item though

Yes, built properly and a nice finish. looks a treat in the car. Maybe the smaller one would feel better to use

I havent but its in my watch list, I would prefer a fresh OEM to be honest lol

Me too but at 100 odd quid they're hard to justify. I know someone used to refurb them on here, is that an option?

I've got one, much better than the OEM one, but as others have said it gets very cold in the winter.

As for colour matching you might be better getting a gear gaiter to match the OEM trim. I've got one on order from royal steering wheels, it should be with me next week so there will be pictures in my build thread. I'll hopefully have them up over the bank holiday weekend.

I've got one, much better than the OEM one, but as others have said it gets very cold in the winter.

As for colour matching you might be better getting a gear gaiter to match the OEM trim. I've got one on order from royal steering wheels, it should be with me next week so there will be pictures in my build thread. I'll hopefully have them up over the bank holiday weekend.

Yeah I think the safest option is just going black rather than trying to get the wrap to match anything

• 1 month later...

I've got one of the smaller ones in my car. It looks nice and it's good to use, however I found that the thread didn't quite match up. When tight the Z and markings on the top didn't line up straight. I've effected a solution at the moment but I really need to have it back off and throw a load of thread lock in there.

It's a quality bit of kit. I've got 1 and yeah it is a little chunky but I prefer that to the Nissan knob as I felt it was too narrow... There's a poor joke in there somewhere

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Edit - joke probably a bit OTT for the forum :lol:

Removed before I get banned.

Edited by nowhereboy