Le Mans 2008

Daaave

Hi all,

Have any of you been to Le Mans for the 24hr race?

I went at short notice last year and took the Zed and a mate and had a brilliant time. So now I'm interested to see if a few more people are interested... It would be great to do the drive in the convoy of Zeds, in amoungst all the TVRs, Porsches, Ferraris, Nobles, Astons, etc.

Anyone interested? It's on the 14th - 15th June, but it would mean going on the 11th / 12th and returning on the 15th / 16th.

By the way - who mods this forum? Why are all the old events sticky...?

Hi all,

Have any of you been to Le Mans for the 24hr race?

I went at short notice last year and took the Zed and a mate and had a brilliant time. So now I'm interested to see if a few more people are interested... It would be great to do the drive in the convoy of Zeds, in amoungst all the TVRs, Porsches, Ferraris, Nobles, Astons, etc.

Anyone interested? It's on the 14th - 15th June, but it would mean going on the 11th / 12th and returning on the 15th / 16th.

By the way - who mods this forum? Why are all the old events sticky...?

Thought a bit about Le Mans myself, that would be a good drive out :thumbs: We will just have to see if there is any interest in doing this??

The old event stickys need to be tidied up. :thumbs:

Im going - 3rd year in a row actually :)

Hoping to take the Z but wondering how Im going to fit all of the essential crap in the back - meeting with up to 50 SXOC owners as well so if you want to join in let me know :D

Were staying at Kartin Nord BTW, but I think its sold out now - tickets are going fast this year :)

We will be yhere as usual, our 28th year.

Jesus. Fair play. :teeth:

Thought a bit about Le Mans myself, that would be a good drive out :thumbs: We will just have to see if there is any interest in doing this??

Yeah lets see how it goes.

I could be interested in this but wouldn't be able to go until the 13th.

That would be ok if we booked with a big organiser like White Rabbit Racing, or Team Langoustine (a couple of organisers I've found through Pistonheads). They have marked spaces on their sections of the campsite so you can turn up when you like (supposedly).

I would love to do this, so many times mates have come back and I'd forgotten about it.... :blush:

And since that's about the time of my driving trip to Italy, it should be easy to incorporate it. :thumbs:

It's such a good laugh, you'll love it. Last year was my first and the weather was shite but I still loved it. :teeth:

Im going - 3rd year in a row actually :)

Hoping to take the Z but wondering how Im going to fit all of the essential crap in the back - meeting with up to 50 SXOC owners as well so if you want to join in let me know :D

Were staying at Kartin Nord BTW, but I think its sold out now - tickets are going fast this year :)

I'm not sure if I was lucky last year or what, but I booked my campsite about 4 days before we left and we managed to get Houx Annexe which is apparently quite difficult to get. Pity it looks like they're building a stadium or something on it now :(

Yeah I'm going, 4th year in a row. I think I saw Big Phil in his blue Z last year driving past the Bikini Car wash.

Its a mad time, and always come back with legend tales

AHHHHHHHHHHHH the bikini car wash, went through five times over the weekend, even better when the bikini's dissapeared :yahoo:

Yeah I'm going, 4th year in a row. I think I saw Big Phil in his blue Z last year driving past the Bikini Car wash.

What! Bikini Carwash????? :teeth:

SS100219.jpg

Dont know what you are talking about :D[/img]

AHHHHHHHHHHHH the bikini car wash, went through five times over the weekend, even better when the bikini's dissapeared :yahoo:

Did they see sense and use microfibre cloths when the bikini's disappeared? :rolleyes::fool:

:teeth:

Last year we weren't going to go, as one of our core troop was only getting back from his honey moon on the Thursday night. Anyway, we all got pi55ed on the Thursday night and went home and book a chunnel ticket for Friday night. Got to Le Mans at 05:00 on Saturday, found a car parking space off a street, fell a sleep.

Woke up 4 hours later by loads of tooting, was slightly miffed until we released we had parked across from the t1ts out Bikini car wash, result!!!

Thats we we spotted Phil.

Later on met our mates at Houx Annexx, I decided to play catch up and drank a bott;e of Vladivar Black Vodka (I still feel sick now), wondered to the track for a bit of Night racing, spent €150 on an air rifle range shooting up the French Gippos

China prizes, got back feel over, cut open my knees, lip and head, passed out, puked up, slept in my own yack (not my tent). Got up, left the borrow tent behind, had and Alka Selzer and drove back.

Total Racing watched - 10 minutes

Cost of trip - £600

Injurys sustained - two cut knees, cut lip, forehead, bruised c@ck from shooting myself with an air rifle

Car-Ruined interior and cooked engine from maxing out our mates Dad's BM the whole way there and back

- Over trip - Priceless

There's around 20 of us going this year, but properly Planned Wednessday to Sunday

• 4 months later...