Geneva Car show March 2008

Sarnie

Anyone wanna come see the GT-R??? :teeth:

Thought I'd start a separate thread for this to see if there is any interest. The show is from the 6th to the 16th of March. As the weekend is bound to be the busiest time I was thinking of going on a weekday, but can go anyday really. Official site is here:

http://www.salon-auto.ch//en/

Flights are approx £40 each way from b'ham (not looked into other airports yet)

Tickets are CHF14 (about £6.50)

Accomadation is from about £40-£50 per night (arrive sunday night and leave tuesday morning so two nights)

So all in its probably gonna cost about £180 to fly from b'ham, two nights in Geneva and entry into the show. Obviously all details like departure airport and dates are changeable to fit in with what ever people want to do. :)

So who fancies it? Sinbad? Jay?*

*Louis, don't put your name down unless your actually gonna come :p

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know im in! :teeth:

Preferably from the 10th onwards for me.

Are you ok with going in the week? And what about airports? :)

Fine through the week. Id prefer manchester, liverpool if pos. Bt if a few go and there all happy to fly from birmingham then i'll go from there.

You know im in! :teeth:

Preferably from the 10th onwards for me.

Are you ok with going in the week? And what about airports? :)

Fine through the week. Id prefer manchester, liverpool if pos. Bt if a few go and there all happy to fly from birmingham then i'll go from there.

Cool, lets see who if anyone, else is interested. From a selfish point of view I'd choose bham as I can nearly see the runway from my house :blush::lol:

Cheers mate.

Really want to go but not sure I can wing it.

Just let us know what days/dates you can do and I'm sure we can work around it mate :thumbs:

A weekend would be no problem but I hate large crowds. I'll have a word in work next week and see what I can do.

Cheers mate.

Really want to go but not sure I can wing it.

Just let us know what days/dates you can do and I'm sure we can work around it mate :thumbs:

A weekend would be no problem but I hate large crowds. I'll have a word in work next week and see what I can do.

I hate crowds too mate. Just lets us know asap as I think the prices of the flights are going up dailly and the rooms will be getting booked up :thumbs:

Ok so we have

1) Sarnie

2) Sinbad

3) GC350z (trying to wangle it off work)

4) Zedrush (trying to wangle it off work)

5) Wanna350z (trying to wangle it off work)

6) Cavey (trying to wangle it off work)

Anyone else? :D

Is it possible for those who are wanting to come to confirm if they can get it off work by the end of next week? :blush:

I'll confirm by the end of the week. Don't forget if I can make it I'll be flying from Dublin. So accommodation and location are the only things I need to know. I understand the show is near the airport. Where abouts is accommodation in relation to it?

I'll confirm by the end of the week. Don't forget if I can make it I'll be flying from Dublin. So accommodation and location are the only things I need to know. I understand the show is near the airport. Where abouts is accommodation in relation to it?

yeah no worries mate, I think we may all end up flying from different airports anyway. i think zedrush and Cavey, if they go, may fly from Stansted and Sinbad will go from somewhere oop north :thumbs:

Makes no odds really, my flight was only 1hr 20 mins yesterday :) I ain't gone into too much detail about the accomodation yet until we have a confirmed date. Geneva don't seem that big so I don't think that should be too much of a problem :)

Just read that the new G will be unveiled at the show :scare::teeth:

Plus a TDI R8 ????? :headhurt::headhurt:

TDI R8? That cant be right. Anyway I've decided I don't like it now that Audi have started using the LED strip on all their cars.

Yep, an S5 was behind me today. Couldn't tell if it was a TT, S5 or an R8 from the front view. I like the R8 but its not individual enough imo :blush: