Electric Cars

Flex

I own the LEAF. Love it. I save roughly £80 a month on fuel. I beat kmost of the guys here at work in their VRX zafira, R32 Golf. I have the tekna. comfortable. I have heated seats all round. I can turn my heating on with a touch of a botton on my mobile. Excellent second car.

I also sell them so speak with me and il sort you out a deal.

Seen a few floating around on here, just wondered if anyone has test driven any, recommend any? Thinking about company car as quite low benefit in kind atm, although they're quite pricey from new!

#

I know they are generally high tech cars but I didn't realise they could float

• Like 2

I own the LEAF. Love it. I save roughly £80 a month on fuel. I beat kmost of the guys here at work in their VRX zafira, R32 Golf. I have the tekna. comfortable. I have heated seats all round. I can turn my heating on with a touch of a botton on my mobile. Excellent second car.

So not bias at all then ;):lol:

I'm not sure you can compare an R32 or a VXR of any kind with a Leaf.

:stir: oi you! haha

I wouldnt say Bias no. I woud say ifg they were @*!#. no need to lie on here :p

but when it comes to the other guys racing down the road and having to put £20 petrol in their car and theres me just poping home and spending about £1 on electric, i do laugh.

Depends what you want from an electric car in many ways. Theres alot of proof that the Nissan Leaf is one of the best for the buck

but when it comes to the other guys racing down the road and having to put £20 petrol in their car and theres me just poping home and spending about £1 on electric, i do laugh.

Depends what you want from an electric car in many ways. Theres alot of proof that the Nissan Leaf is one of the best for the buck

Could buy a normal DVD for under £2 but you'd get far better quality by buying a Blu-Ray at £15 :p
  • Like 1

If you live very close to your place of work and will never ever ever need to travel more than a hundred miles or so, an electric city car is a good idea on a lease scheme. If you think that you might at some time like a spare vehicle to use for an emergency dash across the country, then you have to get an ICE car really.

An electric city car as a third car I would understand, but I'd never have one as a second car or if I new I'd be pushing the limits on the commute. When you can get a Smart for £99 a month and it'll be cheap as anything on fuel, I'm not sure I'd look elsewhere.

And when you consider the boys in their vxr or r33 wont loose a penny on depreciation it probably levels it all out.

I will say, they have their place though and they suit a particular requirement, if your driving meets those requirements i see no downsides, but to me, i couldnt find one upside.

One thing never really mentioned because they are relatively new, what will the costs be when they start going wrong.

Edited by Jetpilot

If you live very close to your place of work and will never ever ever need to travel more than a hundred miles or so, an electric city car is a good idea on a lease scheme. If you think that you might at some time like a spare vehicle to use for an emergency dash across the country, then you have to get an ICE car really.

An electric city car as a third car I would understand, but I'd never have one as a second car or if I new I'd be pushing the limits on the commute. When you can get a Smart for £99 a month and it'll be cheap as anything on fuel, I'm not sure I'd look elsewhere.

Nissan Will lend every customer an ICE for 14 days of each year, so an occassional holiday - SORTED!

And when you consider the boys in their vxr or r33 wont loose a penny on depreciation it probably levels it all out.

I will say, they have their place though and they suit a particular requirement, if your driving meets those requirements i see no downsides, but to me, i couldnt find one upside.

One thing never really mentioned because they are relatively new, what will the costs be when they start going wrong.

Delight of a PCP- give the car back at the end. money you have saved on fuel, pays for the difference. There are simple calculations to work out the money savings.

There are plenty of example of this not being a problem. Taxi companies with 7 electric cars. saves them 24k a year on costs compared to their old ice cars.

all vehicle above the 100k mile mark and battery state still above 96%.

the trouble is people are still scared!

the depreciation side of things will still happen to the best of cars. at the end of the day im enjoying the extra £80 in my pocket. i enjoy the car. its all self opinion and lack of knowledge that people have these 'Fears'

• Like 1

On average a Leaf depreciates the same amount of £s in the first year that an average comparable ICE car will in three-four years, thousands of pounds vs eighty quid a week.

I do not doubt that in ten years time many western societies will be driving around in small silent cars quietly making their way from A-B, petrolheads will pretty much be dinosaurs using finite levels of fossil fuels for their inefficient cars. Currently though electric cars initial purchase price coupled with big depreciation costs do not make THAT much more worth it over a ICE in my view.

I'll not see a massive take up in electric cars in my lifetime. I'd put money on it.

It's nice that Nissan will loan you an ICE car for your hols, but it's more the unexpected things that I'd be concerned about. What if your great uncle Geoff took a turn for the worse in Outer Mongolia, and your fun car was off the road? You're not going to be able to use the electric car to go and see him, and neither are Nissan likely to lend you a car at 10mins notice.

But yeah, for the small city commute where you have other transport always then they're great.

I'll not see a massive take up in electric cars in my lifetime. I'd put money on it.

It's nice that Nissan will loan you an ICE car for your hols, but it's more the unexpected things that I'd be concerned about. What if your great uncle Geoff took a turn for the worse in Outer Mongolia, and your fun car was off the road? You're not going to be able to use the electric car to go and see him, and neither are Nissan likely to lend you a car at 10mins notice.

But yeah, for the small city commute where you have other transport always then they're great.

You'd rent one , just like if the same situation happened now

My longest journey last year was Newbury to Bruges (Its in Belgium;)) , had I used a Tesla instead it would have made no difference at all in the journey in time or inconvenience