rubbish dip beam

james852

Is your JDM, is so they can be badly aligned by importer for SVA. I had this problem, beam was sol low you could not see very far. At last service by Nissan got them to do it (free of carge) inc in service & was told that they were both set tool low.

dose any one els suffer from really bad dip beam head lights. i mean they are really poor and they are xenons too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dose any body know if i can get up gradeds or if the 07 350Z bulbs will fit in my 04 uk spec gt??

The whole headlight unit will fit but aint cheap. Over 1K :scare:

i dont know what it is. but its bad . have read a lot of people say that there xenons are good but mine are really poor. i mean i ride motor biks as well and there lights a bad but these are the worst i have have ever used. and yes both lights are working.

Is your JDM, is so they can be badly aligned by importer for SVA. I had this problem, beam was sol low you could not see very far. At last service by Nissan got them to do it (free of carge) inc in service & was told that they were both set tool low.

i agree :headhurt:

my dip beam was rubbish but its all down to adjustment :)

mine were too low but now they are fab............ :thumbs:

Guest prescience
I think its pretty well known that the headlights are crappy. I remember a mec pulling alongside me once on a motorway. His lights were lighting the road ahead light football floodights, mine looked like a candle in comparison :blush:

Agreed. There ain't many problems/downsides to the Z, but this is one of them IMO. You want to drive at night at speed, you need to be able to see without straining - otherwise you're concentrating on the wrong things IMO

Met many people before who said this James. I'd have to agree with you, headlights are very poor.

Having driven older A6, Yaris, Lexus and Honda Accord in last 2 weeks I find the Zed's worse. Kind of :blush:

I agree but it seems from reading around that unless you pay for whole new units there isn't a way to improve them, or maybe my searches aren't finding the right threads.

• 2 weeks later...

Adjustment eh?

I've been meaning to post for ages about the quality of headlights... i've actually switched mine on and off to check if they're still working - i couldn't tell if they were on!

And the worst part is when driving in the dark, i cant go over 40mph on the country lanes cos i cant see... i have a queue of cars behind me... and when someone is behind me their headlights light up everything to the side/infront, and my car casts a big shadow where my headlights should be!!!!

Im sure they cant possibly be so bad... can we check adjustment ourselves or is it a job for a mechanic?