what about the options?

AK350Z

Also do yourself a favor and get the rear parking sensors. Looking through the back window is like looking through a letterbox and parking will be 100 times easier with it.

Hello & :welcome: Agree 100% with parking sensors

Hi :D - welcome

You will get a discount if buying brand new how much depends on the dealers - but if you dont have a part-ex you will definitly get a good deal.

Personally I would say - go for a 3-6 months old ex demo - if your prepared to travel you can get a reasonable deal - for example on the Nissan used car site (I quite fancy this one myself) there are 2 black roadsters - both same age 07 plate - one has about 7000 miles on clock the other has 3 ! The one with 3 miles on the clock is about £100 dearer - no brainer eh!

Like you I am only interested in the leather seats also but its worth going for the GT version for potential resale value later - I know we all say we will keep them forever but ............! :wacko:

Keep us updated on progress!

Stan

Hi :D - welcome

You will get a discount if buying brand new how much depends on the dealers - but if you dont have a part-ex you will definitly get a good deal.

Stan

Not being rude but how did you work that out - someone explain this to me!?

I expect a massively good deal if im trading in my Z for 21k when they can re-sell for a minimum of 23k I would expect normal discount plus a bit extra discount because they are making on my trade-in!

Don't they give you more money off if you're not giving them another car to get rid of?

Yeah they do - you just got to drive the deal and be prepared to walk away if 1) they dont give you the deal you know you should expect from any reasonable stealer, and B) dont treat you with respect or give good customer service. There is always another stealer down the road - play them off against each other - the least they can BOTH say is no. Remember also that if finance is involved then that is another way to drive down the cost of the car, as they will be making money from you that way as well.

If you are serious about buying new and have a very specific budget in mind, you need to get some competition going. This means more than one dealer and definately from a different parent group. Get a spec of a car and use somewhere like "drivethedeal" to get you a price new, take a copy of the quote without the company header detail to at least 2 dealers as above, tell them you will call them back for their best price.

You must be clear about how you are going to pay for it, as mentioned by others the dealers make money out of finance and again you can shop around for that, it is best to be sure what your options are before engaging the dealers so you can give clear targets.

Get the "quotes" from them and compare, now you need to be prepared to make a commitment, go to your prefered dealer and in person be prepared to make the decision on the spot but give them a target price, have a couple of "nibbles" ready e.g. special mats, maybe a couple of other small items. Then be prepared to walk. If you don't get an offer you'd accept be genuinely ready to walk but always be polite never get agitated and let them know your contact details and leave the ball in their court.

Timing can make a difference, end of months, quarters etc. can all have extra sales quotas for the sales team e.g. end of 1st month of new reg.

IMO - don't buy something you can't really afford, buying new is not a cheap way to buy a car but always try and get some competiton going whether the car is new or used.

Do your homework is something you are doing so that is very good.

There is a 2nd hand BMW 335i I really like that is for sale at me local stealers for £31995. I really like it as it has all the toys. THe best they are prepared to do is £30000 with 21k trade in on the Nissan but I had a figure of £29000 in mind, it's been there since beginning of December and I know they are going to be gagging to get rid of it soon - they have even taken it out of the showroom and stuck it outside on the front forcourt by the main road. Im going to give it 'till the end of the month and go in for the 29k offer again:teeth:

Not being rude but how did you work that out - someone explain this to me!

Hi - I think the guys just answered for me.

When I have not had a car to part -ex they have always offered a better deal - don't forget that it does'nt cost Nissan £29K to manufacture and ship a 350Z to UK!! There is a serious margin here !

I have always arranged a personal loan for my cars so effectively your a cash buyer to them.

As mentioned go at the end of the month and late on in the day when they are tired and not really in the mood to deal with you. Fridays are best I have found? Sad but it works! :p

Remember its just a big game to them - they think we are all stupid and some of us are so learn from our mistakes and take advantage. :angry:

Oh if part-exing make sure you dont forget to take the road tax out just before you leave (if its got some time left on it) Any optional bits you got with your old car such as full size spare wheel kits (£170 on my old RX8!!!) take them with you - and sell them on yourself later I forgot to -Doh! :blush:

Good luck and like the others have said keep calm dont get annoyed - remember they need you not the other way round there are a lot of Nissan dealers in Uk ! If they have your number they will phone you usually the following week - greed is a good motivator! Do your homework on the web, I have even had a price match from Chester Nissan for my Ditchfinder against a web direct sales company?

One other thing I have found - if buying a more upmarket or sports car go to a town which is well heeled - there is more competition from Porkers, Audi's etc so to them its just another car. If buying a basic town runabout (say Micra) then go to shall we say a not so well heeled town where that is the common type car - I know this sounds strange but I found this out during my car buying travels? Odd !!

Good luck

Stan :teeth:

But remember Nissan dont give much leeway on the price of the Zed as they are so competative :lol:

I bought mine before joining the forum but the salesman was a little twitchy when asking if I was on one. Any buyers who are on here please mention it as it tells them you are pretty clued up

I've just traded in and they look to make money both ways, on your new car and the resell of your old one. Just the way it is and why they are called stealers

Thats what im on about - you can only drive a deal on what you know, and what I know is for instance if my car is traded in for 21k, and it can be sold for 24k with no work required on it then they will make 3k which I can drive a deal on when it come to a new car. Saying that if you dont have a part exchange you get a better deal is implying that you get less of a deal with a trade-in, which is misleading and goes against the logic which I have just explained above :) But each to their own - some people have different experiences, or they just have not used a trade-in option as an effective bargaining tool in their negotiations :)

I've just traded in and they look to make money both ways, on your new car and the resell of your old one. Just the way it is and why they are called stealers

Thats what im on about - you can only drive a deal on what you know, and what I know is for instance if my car is traded in for 21k, and it can be sold for 24k with no work required on it then they will make 3k which I can drive a deal on when it come to a new car. Saying that if you dont have a part exchange you get a better deal is implying that you get less of a deal with a trade-in, which is misleading and goes against the logic which I have just explained above :) But each to their own - some people have different experiences, or they just have not used a trade-in option as an effective bargaining tool in their negotiations :)

But the point is, from the dealers point of view, they MAY make £3k on your PX. But that assuming they can sell it. It may sit on their forecourt for 12 months losing perhaps £300 per month and therefore any profit to be gained on your PX. They may even end up making a loss on it. therefore a PX deal involves more risk to the dealer. A straight cash deal means they make a profit, end of. :)

But the point is, from the dealers point of view, they MAY make £3k on your PX. But that assuming they can sell it. It may sit on their forecourt for 12 months losing perhaps £300 per month and therefore any profit to be gained on your PX. They may even end up making a loss on it. therefore a PX deal involves more risk to the dealer. A straight cash deal means they make a profit, end of. :)

Exactly :thumbs: