Locking wheel nut key

L3W15

I currently have 3 locking wheel nuts on but the guy at the dealers didn't including the key for it, all the paperwork for the locking nuts but not the key itself.

The part number for it is ke409-89950nd and it looks like this

post-28243-0-01983600-1454688356_thumb.jpeg

The part number that you have provided is for the complete wheel nut locking kit and will bare no resemblance to the locking socket.

Have a look in the car for a small plastic bag with the locking socket part number on it.

Failing that, head to Nissan as most dealerships keep a master socket set.

Last resort, buy an emergency locking nut removal kit, and get the old locking nuts off and then buy another set of new locking nuts

Might be a silly question but have you checked where the car jack etc are kept in the boot. Also the storage cubby hole behind the passenger seat and under the false floor in it. In any of the door pockets?

Not a silly question at all, but I've checked everywhere I can think of.

The part number that you have provided is for the complete wheel nut locking kit and will bare no resemblance to the locking socket.

Have a look in the car for a small plastic bag with the locking socket part number on it.

Failing that, head to Nissan as most dealerships keep a master socket set.

Last resort, buy an emergency locking nut removal kit, and get the old locking nuts off and then buy another set of new locking nuts

That would explain why when I look for that part number a totally different set show up.

I have that bag you mention, I'll check and see, there's a keycard number, would this be it do you think ? Thanks for your replies

That should be what you are looking for, so just quote that to your Nissan parts department. :thumbs:

And check that it fits all locking nuts before you store it in the boot.

Cheers zmanalex, thought I'd check here first to see if there was any one that might have the similar key. I know they are usually unique but there must be some that are the same surely lol

• 1 month later...

So that was annoying. Phone up Nissan, give them the keycode number that I have with my car, they charge me £20 for the key, finally gets here and lo and behold, it doesn't fit :(

Refer to my previous post #6

There should be a sticky in the Welcome section with advice for new comers, advice number 1 should be "If Alex tells you something, listen."

• Like 1

So that was annoying. Phone up Nissan, give them the keycode number that I have with my car, they charge me £20 for the key, finally gets here and lo and behold, it doesn't fit :(

I did listen mate, it wasn't the part number I gave it was the keycode that they needed and what I gave them. The key itself would appear to be the right one, ie: the pattern shape. It's just that the bolts on the car seem ever so slightly bigger which won't allow the key to sit on it.

I did listen mate, it wasn't the part number I gave it was the keycode that they needed and what I gave them. The key itself would appear to be the right one, ie: the pattern shape. It's just that the bolts on the car seem ever so slightly bigger which won't allow the key to sit on it.

I gave you more than one option mate, so move on to plan 2 :thumbs:

I've got this same problem. I Went to Nissan and they don't have the key as it's an old key. Been told I'm looking at a 2hour labour charge.

Try another Nissan dealership as most have a complete set of master sockets.

You may well be able to remove your locking wheel nuts by using a "Gator-Grip" socket.

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=15&LH_BIN=1&_nkw=gator%20socket&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Will it remove locking lug nuts?

Depending on the specific design, the answer is probably yes. Gator-Grip® grips around the edges and not in the center. If the fastener edge is anything other than perfectly round then Gator-Grip® should work.

Source: http://www.endeavorproducts.com/Section/Id/18.html

Then all you need to do is by a new locking wheel nut set (around £10-£25) and fit those. :thumbs:

So Nissan are hopeless. 3rd problem I've been to them about and it's the last time I'll be visiting a dealership for my 350. No locking nuts for cars before 2008 I've been told. And at least 2hour labour from the one I visited first. Aye whatever mate.

I was considering getting the gaiter grip GM but heard some not so good things about it. Eg breaks on tight nuts or bolts. So guess I'm gonna have to go see local Joe about getting the f*ckers removed.

Not in the best of moods today at all.

Just go to any local tyre place, they will have a locking wheeel nut extractor tool and have it off in a second for you. I just called in on one to see and the guy did it in literally 5 seconds, I gave him a fiver, he wasn't gonna even charge for it!! The removed nut will be useless, but they are pretty much next to useless anyway when you see how easy they are to remove!! :lol: