Datsun 240 or 260z

atomic350z

When the time has come to sell my much loved 350z I'm seriously thinking about going old school and getting one of these datsuns imported, they seem to be a pretty solid investment and I think they are a stunning car. Are there any members that have done this or own a Datsun? If so how do you find it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a couple of owners on here, so you should get some decent responses. Daz did a full build thread and completely stripped it and put it back together. They do all suffer from rust which would need sorting fairly immediately. Nice cars though and you'd never lose money on it now.

The prices of 240/260Z's has shot up of late making them (IMO) quite expensive but no less very desirable. I recently sold my 260Z which was in need of lots of work and I also have an immaculate 280ZX. If buying a UK car the 280zx is the way to go with good ones starting at £6k+ You might find 260's starting at £10k+ but be prepared for welding no matter what you buy LHD imports are increasing in price rapidly too.

When the time has come to sell my much loved 350z I'm seriously thinking about going old school and getting one of these datsuns imported, they seem to be a pretty solid investment and I think they are a stunning car. Are there any members that have done this or own a Datsun? If so how do you find it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a good read :thumbs:http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/88297-darren-bs-1971-240z-project-pumpkin-major-update-p48/

Also in the dream garage for me, but unless you can do the work yourself I just shudder to think how much it would cost to pay to have the work done.

A mate of mine has one sat in the corner of his bodyshop, the owner has poured a fortune into it already, he pops back from time to time, writes him a cheque and says, how much can we get done with that, it gets done and then sits there again until he has more spare.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

In my resto shop manager days I restored three 240s.Yes,the can rot very badly from around ten inches up from the sills.Not overly complicated build though.

Always thought 240 to look the best of the two.One of those I did was one of the original works rally cars.After a general mechanical check over,all was in great condition.We then did an authentic looking Megaphone twin exhaust system for it,wish I had recorded the resulting sounds.:)