Cel issues with de-cats

zebedy

Appologies if this has been asked before.

I was just wondering if all de-cats create the cel error. Ive just bought a set of Japspeed De-cats and I've heard that some de-cats do and some do'nt.

I've also seen that Tarmac (i think) sell de-cats that overcome the CEL error issue. How do they do that (what do they offer that's different?) How can I over come this issue should I have this error other that putting the cats back on?

Thanks

Appologies if this has been asked before.

I was just wondering if all de-cats create the cel error. Ive just bought a set of Japspeed De-cats and I've heard that some de-cats do and some do'nt.

I've also seen that Tarmac (i think) sell de-cats that overcome the CEL error issue. How do they do that (what do they offer that's different?) How can I over come this issue should I have this error other that putting the cats back on?

Thanks

I think I know the ones you're on about. The Berks De-Cats as I had those on my Zed.

All Berks have done is have a slightly longer piece of metal for where the O2 sensors fit (doing the same job as the spacers mentioned by Jetpilot).

Tbh Adrians statement below is probably the most truthful answer although some people do claim the spacers have worked for them.

ALL decats will throw a CEL unless the car it's being mapped and have the sensors disabled with UpRev.

If you wanted to try the spacers I'm sure Adrian could get them for you or I know Clark Motorsport used to do them for around £12 each I believe. May well be wasted money though that could be better saved towards getting a proper UpRev (remap) done on your Zed which is what I'd do tbh. :thumbs:

• Like 1