Steering lock failure (2012 Zed)

fuzboo

Glad you got it sorted but I'd be questioning why it took so long and why did you have to pay anything

Fully agree - I recall cases of those who paid before Nissan accepted there was an issue and had their costs refunded.

Mine did fall in the recall numbers so I booked it in and just over a week later (yesterday) it went in for the updated module.

No mention of a backlog order for the part as they would have fitted it earlier if I could have got it there

I told the "master" technician who was to work on my car that I had pulled the fuse as a safeguard and when the module was fitted he had to come and fetch me to show him where the fuse was.....Master Technician? ;D

The same "technician" told me there is no need to now pull the fuse as the new part now completely cures the problem

Right or wrong, the fuse is now in my centre console cubby hole :D

The same "technician" told me there is no need to now pull the fuse as the new part now completely cures the problem

I get that they're probably just trying to reassure the customer but that's got to be bull (given I had the revision D fail, and it was replaced with 'latest', another revision D unit..).