How to tell a rev-up engine?

-Bradders-

Any ideas guys on how to tell the difference on a rev-up engine?

My rebuilder has said its gonna work out better to buy another engine rather than just replace worn parts on mine, i've found one with 53k on it, from a gt4, for under 2k, but how can i make sure its legit as in deffo a rev up engine?

Thanks.

Here's the reply i got lol who smashed there zed then after xmas?

HI

This was a working engine when it came to us, nothing abnormal was noticed, this car was absolutely spotless, apart from the damage from accident. This vehicle belonged to a local software developer struck a curb after his works Christmas do, panicked as he had had 2 pints and had the car recovered to us before any of her majesties local constabularies appeared on the scene.

We are open to sensible offers on the engine, but please bare in mind this is the higher output GT4 version and we are including the ecu and loom with the item and shipping to normal UK mainland has been incorporated within the buying price.

Feel free to make a sensible offer, the worst that will happen is we say no.

Kind regards

Edited by -Bradders-
  • Like 1

You really need to check. I too believe it's FAR from a straight swap.

I thought your mate was building your engine for you?

He is/was but he thinks it will be best to get a lower mileage engine rather than swap out the @*!# parts in mine and still have a block with 135k on it lol

The rev up engine is fairly straight forward to fit to a DE non rev up car providing that you have the ECU and loom, however you will have to turn the NATs off.

NAT's?

It does come with everything looms ecu keys the lot

NATS can be turned off with an Up Rev tune.

Have a look here for more information on NATS

https://www.mavericktechnology.co.uk/sites/default/files/page-files/12-NISSAN_NATS%20and%20I-KEY%20Setting.pdf

I agree with your mate Bradders, why fix a 135k engine when you can get lower mileage one for probably not a huge lot more. Good shout. Good luck with the search. :)

Trouble is, you then have an engine of completely unknown quantity. This one is from a crashed car, could've been run on any old fuel, revved to high heaven from cold, run low on oil etc. A rebuilt 135K engine could actually be far superior to one with 53K on it, easily.

• Like 1

I agree with your mate Bradders, why fix a 135k engine when you can get lower mileage one for probably not a huge lot more. Good shout. Good luck with the search. :)

Trouble is, you then have an engine of completely unknown quantity. This one is from a crashed car, could've been run on any old fuel, revved to high heaven from cold, run low on oil etc. A rebuilt 135K engine could actually be far superior to one with 53K on it, easily.

+ it is the oil burner version of the VQ35DE :thumbdown: