leather interior change

P15UL T

i am looking at getting a retrim done and wasnt sure about the steering wheel, can it be done ??

if its too much of a hassle is it easy enough to swap the wheel if i get my hands on a black leather one ?

has anyone tried it ?

perhaps there is someone close by that would like alzean inetrior rather than black ?

thanks for looking guys

i am looking at getting a retrim done and wasnt sure about the steering wheel, can it be done ??

if its too much of a hassle is it easy enough to swap the wheel if i get my hands on a black leather one ?

has anyone tried it ?

perhaps there is someone close by that would like alzean inetrior rather than black ?

thanks for looking guys

i'm not sure if that would affect your insurance as it probably would'nt have an air bag ?

i'm sure you could get the wheel done but i imagine its pricey - labour intensive

:boxing: damn ! got in before me :headhurt:

what colour are you thinking of paul ?

I think one of the wheel manufacturers (possibly Momo) have an airbag wheel that you can have trimmed in a range of colours / materials.

A decent tradesman who can stitch leather well should be able to do a steering wheel without too much trouble. Go for it! :thumbs:

trimming the wheel is no problem for an experienced trimmer we have had loads done on a wide range of cars all with airbags.

Our local trimmer has done a couple of 350's seats cost about £400 in two colour with logo's stiched in the seat back can't remember what he charged for the wheel.

has anyone tried it ?

thanks for looking guys

lomoto knows somewhere........ :thumbs:

thanks guys, i am going to visit the place today, hopefully they will be open and i can get some prices and ideas , will let you know how i get on :thumbs:

£400 for the two seat seems like a great price - might be worth traveling down :thumbs:

has anyone tried it ?

thanks for looking guys

Surely you have to go for "shredded purple" - like the hulks undercrackers?

Amanda did wonder when you would get a retrim. She was a bit disapointed that the seats didnt match the rest of the car, which she was very impressed with :thumbs:

I think you need pay another visit to Sunderland and get a retrim done, £400 sounds a very good price :)

Child-Coverdolphins.jpg

wow !!!

spoke to the fella today, quoted me £800 for the seats :scare:

i asked hime for a cash price and he said we could work something out , so im waiting on some samples to come in that he didnt have

only real problem is the steering wheel he quoted £250 just for that, i understand there is a shead load of work in it buy cant really justify spending that

so im on the lookout for a black steering wheel and black handbrake , if you know of any zeds getting slavaged let me know

cheers Paul :thumbs:

i asked hime for a cash price and he said we could work something out , so im waiting on some samples to come in that he didnt have

only real problem is the steering wheel he quoted £250 just for that, i understand there is a shead load of work in it buy cant really justify spending that

so im on the lookout for a black steering wheel and black handbrake , if you know of any zeds getting slavaged let me know

have you tried the guy's I used http://www.precisiontrimming.co.uk/

they were a lot cheaper

ps I have a spare handbrake lever in orange if you fancy modifying it :)

have you tried the guy's I used http://www.precisiontrimming.co.uk/

they were a lot cheaper

ps I have a spare handbrake lever in orange if you fancy modifying it :)

how much cheaper ? it would cost me £100 in fuel to get down there the money to stay somewhere the night

and i suppose then if there is any comebacks down the line, sagging ect that could be a pain in the arse

they made a top job of yours :thumbs:

why have you got a spare handbrake leaver ? did you change yours

thanks guys, i am going to visit the place today, hopefully they will be open and i can get some prices and ideas , will let you know how i get on :thumbs:

£400 for the two seat seems like a great price - might be worth traveling down :thumbs:

Where is the place you were getting the quote from? I think someone posted a thread some time ago about a re-trimmer in the Glasgow area who did a good job but I can't remember the details now. Maybe a search would be worthwhile.

Edit - It was a company in Kirkintilloch - Scottish Motor Trimmers & Upholsterers Ltd.

The importer I used (MacKays) quoted me £500 for leather seats as an option when I bought the car - he presumably had someone in the Edinburgh area who did the work for him.

• 11 months later...