HC - MAX 200ppm 101ppm PASS

Lambda - 0.97-1.03 0.99 PASS

Second Fast Idle Test

CO - MAX 0.20% 0.30% FAIL

HC - MAX 200ppm 21ppm PASS

Lambda - 0.97-1.03 0.99 PASS

Natural Idle Test

CO - MAX 0.30% 0.28% PASS

The car is an 05 DE zed with 85k miles. I have owned the car for 4 years, and the Cats or sensors in the exhaust have not been changed in this time.

The garage were quick to suggest that new cats are required, can anyone shed any light on this? If this is the case I will probably opt for some high flow cats and hope that they will pass.

The ECU light is not on and I dont believe there is any fault codes. Any suggestions as to anything else to try other than cats? The car seems to be running well.

As a note the car was running on Shell V Power and the car had a good drive immediately before being tested.

Cheers,

Sam

Edited by samu23

Usual trick is to make sure you have given the car a good ragging before dropping the car in for a pre-arranged MOT so that the cats are hot as possible and they are working at peak efficiency. Usually gets over the high readings issue.

First post amended, the reading fo CO has to be 0.2 not 0.3 my error!

The garage gave me a bottle of addative to run through the fuel which I did. I've been back for two new readings and they were worse that the first one's above!

I will have a look at cataclean.

ETA - Yes, UK spec.

Thanks,

Sam

Edited by samu23

First post amended, the reading fo CO has to be 0.2 not 0.3 my error!

The garage gave me a bottle of addative to run through the fuel which I did. I've been back for two new readings and they were worse that the first one's above!

I will have a look at cataclean.

ETA - Yes, UK spec.

Thanks,

Sam

Two MOT tester pals say that had hr done a 3rd test it'd have passed - showing a big drop between 1st & 2nd.

In their words, find a friendlier MOT place next time because they would have passed it if the 3rd came in.

Pouring a full bottle of forte or wurth fuel treatment into tank wouldn't hurt either.

• Like 1