anybody self wrapped a 350z?

cov350z

anybody self wrapped there car(350z) ?

want some advise on how to wrap the bit above the doors

did you remove all the rubber trim seals? or just cut right up to them ?

i tried cutting right up to it and using a card to push the vinyl in but it just lifted?

was thinking of using a spray adhesive to give extra grip

any ideas welcome

Not done one myself but zippypoos is a wrapper and another lad did his whole car by himself.

Quality of vinyl is pretty key and I believe once you have wrapped a panel you need to post heat it to ensure it retains its shape.

If your having to use spray adhesive something is definitely wrong.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi guys thanks for all.this all . useful but have read done most of this. The question I'm after is do I need to remove the black rubber bits that sit over the roof so I can get a wrap around the plastic then put them back on or can I get away with just cutting up to edge I did a test run of the latta and it lifted after a day out in the rain. Guessing water got in edge and wind did the rest. I have managed to wrap the front bumper and front fenders bonnet roof and side skirts just this is my next section lol

Hi guys thanks for all.this all . useful but have read done most of this. The question I'm after is do I need to remove the black rubber bits that sit over the roof so I can get a wrap around the plastic then put them back on or can I get away with just cutting up to edge I did a test run of the latta and it lifted after a day out in the rain. Guessing water got in edge and wind did the rest. I have managed to wrap the front bumper and front fenders bonnet roof and side skirts just this is my next section lol

Im guessing that you've answered your own question there.

• Like 1

Im guessing that you've answered your own question there.

i guess i have but as with anything new your always second guessing if your doing it right

that's were you guys come in to bounce ideas over

• 2 weeks later...

Wow dude that looks awesome so far, can't wait to see the end product

thanks should be done in next week or two keep an eye on my build thread http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/102783-zena-the-warrior-princess/

That looks really good. How the hell do you took it around the panels?

What seats are those?

just by doing each panel on their own and removing some of the other panels like front bumper and side skirts

there omp tr-s got mine from here good seats for the money,

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/top-100/motorsport-top-100/omp-tr-s-steel-frame-seat

• Like 1

Although far from professional i have found the carbon look stuff some of the worst to use because it is so thick and seems to lift regardless, good luck with the rest, but i would remove the a pillar to get it looking right if i were you.

Although far from professional i have found the carbon look stuff some of the worst to use because it is so thick and seems to lift regardless, good luck with the rest, but i would remove the a pillar to get it looking right if i were you.

yeap the carbon stuff is really bad 3m don't make coloured textured vinyl because of this it has a tendency to rip along the pattern so is a nightmare to work with but i havent seen a whole car in it so wanted to be different :p

as for being professional im far from it loads of mistakes and marks on it but im going to be tracking the car so its going to probably need redoing various times also my first time wrapping one panel let alone a whole car so im getting better as i go along