Fitting carlab rear LED indicators

Tuck

So I said I'd make a guide for setting these up. They are easy enough to set up but come with no instructions at all.

So tools you'll need;

10mm socket with as many extensions as you have

Flat head screwdriver

Patience of a saint

Philips head screwdriver

So to begin with you'll need to remove the rear bumper, use this as its a very good guide! http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Rear_Bumper_Removal

Okay so next remove the electrical clips and screws from the existing indicators and put them to one side/Ebay/gumtree.

Screw in the new indicators, it's obvious to which way they go round. Peel the sticky patch on the resistors (gold thingys) and stick them to the back of the indicator, plug in yellow to yellow and black to black.

Plug in the new indicators and your good to go ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

*Optional (Brake lights and running lights)*

There are a green (running light) and a blue (brake light) wire that come from each indicator. These need splicing to the wire that runs to the bulb.

GREEN - RED

BLUE - PINK

Once you've taken a section of the insulation back either twist on or much preferably solder on to the wires. The right hand light has a stripped connection and the left a pinned connection. Plug the left hand pinned connection into the supplied extensions and wire them to the right hand side, solder the other end of the extension to the spliced wires.

Test everything is working and put the bumper back on using the guide ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Pictures below to help tuck1.jpg.91ae56d337bef19d88b36657f8f07fb5.jpgtuck2.jpg.a614680b3daff3ce2a855a59d62c622c.jpgtuck3.jpg.95a3e4f3733ed621534380db0df657db.jpg25c8c50501c3847e2b55fe7acded42bb.jpg

Sent from my potato using duct tape

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the guide. Should definitely help me out when I get around to installing! :)

Strangely the initial bumper removal link didn't work. Maybe this one will? http://www.350z-tech..._Bumper_Removal

Oh, and I'd love to see an end product shot as well if you don't mind :teeth:

Edited by Hodaka

On 26/12/2015 at 22:56, ZEUS said:

Any finished pics fitted and working?

Just fitted these today, and love them! :)

Now need to get facelift rear brake lights! Oh and noticed they have dual reverse lights and are missing the fog light, so I'll need to sort something out before the next MOT. No biggie. :D

*EDIT* Regarding the above comment about the fog light, Apex suggested something which makes a lot of sense, which is to hook up the brake lights (blue wire) to the fog light. That way you don't lose the fog light functionality. :thumbs: If noone else fits it this way before I get around to it, I'll update you guys with which wire you need to tap into (I have no idea right now).

Before / after pics:

hodaka1.gif.8807de6b2d98156e58c7ce6baf95e8dd.gif

Video of them working:

Got that installed, the rear brake lights tinted very slightly, bumper tucked, spacers fitted (20/25mm) and even had time to wash the car. Today has been a productive day :thumbs:

• Like 3

Just fitted these today, and love them! :)

Now need to get facelift rear brake lights! Oh and noticed they have dual reverse lights and are missing the fog light, so I'll need to sort something out before the next MOT. No biggie. :D

Are they the smoked versions or the normal out of interest Hodaka?

If you look at the eBay listing it shows the fog-light as being what you have hooked up to the "lights on":

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-bumper-LED-Back-Reverse-light-fog-lamps-Smoked-Lens-Fits-Nissan-350z-z33-/331634352751

4th picture in shows what they have decided to be the fog-light.

Are they the smoked versions or the normal out of interest Hodaka?

If you look at the eBay listing it shows the fog-light as being what you have hooked up to the "lights on":

http://www.ebay.co.u...3-/331634352751

4th picture in shows what they have decided to be the fog-light.

I got the smoked set :thumbs:

And yep, was a mistake on my part. I plan to rewire them once I move into my new house. :)

bit worries about not having a fog light so i'll put this on hold for now.

Hodaka also managed to squeeze in a sly bumper tuck here as well B)

Haha, well noticed! :lol:

The missing fog light was a mistake on my part. We're actually in discussion on the other thread right now but setting it up so that you have the brighter red light as the brake light / fog light. Flyboy has suggested using some diodes in series, you could set it up so that it acts as a fog light when that's turned on, else it functions normally as a brake light. Hopefully I'm explaining that ok? :wacko:

Yeh, i did just read this but i can't even wire a plug so the thought of having to "splice" "diode" and "use electrical tape" scares me to death... I do think i'll have a go at this but i'm trying to sort out my head lights first. Either way they look great!

Matt

Yeh, i did just read this but i can't even wire a plug so the thought of having to "splice" "diode" and "use electrical tape" scares me to death... I do think i'll have a go at this but i'm trying to sort out my head lights first. Either way they look great!

Matt

Haha fair enough! I would have been in the same boat + it would have taken me ages too. Luckily I have a friend who's pretty good at these things to help out if/when needed :)

• 3 weeks later...

Iv'e decided i'm gonna get these lights and just install them without the fog.

Reasons:

1) Easier

2) Looks better

3) At my last MOT I watched the tester the whole time, he never once turned the fog switch on or bothered to check lol

Edited by DarmoZ

Iv'e decided i'm gonna get these lights and just install them without the fog.

Reasons:

1) Easier

2) Looks better

3) At my last MOT I watched the tester the whole time, he never once turned the fog switch on or bothered to check lol

Fair enough :)

I would prefer to do that too, but I'm paranoid about failing MOT so prob will change it in the near future. :surrender:

• 1 month later...