saxo VTR or Sporting punto

N1SM0350z

i'm coming up to my first years no claims :yahoo: and i'm goin to be looking for my second car shortly but i dont no what to get,

ive looked at the saxo vtr's but i think there just a bit boring, and the sporting punto which i love the looks B) but its quite a bit slower than the vtr.

But is it just me or are all saxo vtr drivers absolute C0CK5 thats another thing thats putting me off. :lol:

just wondering what peoples thought and opinions are?

ive got a 1.2 8v punto at the moment an it goes well for a 1.2 its quiker than all my freinds cars but i dont race ;) including my friends 1.4 p reg astra dont no what mk that is 3 i assume?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bus or walking TBH ;)

thanks 4 that that was a lot of help :dry::lol:

im nt 18 yet so cant exactly go mad can i? :headhurt:

:p

Ive had both a Saxo & a Punto. I would seriousley look elsewhere. You may be surprised at what you can insure at your age with 1 NCB ;)

I had an Ibiza Cupra Turbo just before I turned 19 with 1 NCB & was paying less than £900 a year on it :thumbs:

I used to have a cinquecento sportingand although it only had a 1.1 it peed all over alot of bigger cars, it weighed next to nothing, cost zero to insure and fuel and was one of the most fun cars ive ever owned.

Both my sisters have puntos and i dont like them to be honest. Ive drove a saxo and i thought it was alittle cramped to be honest and the steering feel was lacking. I used to own a C2 VTR as well, build was ok but it handled really well for such a small car. Id recommend a manual though, the sensodrive is just rubiish to put it lightly. Mini's handle well and look good but i found the interior easy to scratch and the gearing too long.

It i was in the market for a small car id think about a suziki swift sport or a new shape Fiesta Zetec S/ST. Both have decent power and handle well. Or maybe a ibiza tdi group 5 insurance and easily tunable with loads of torque. I think the new clios are half decent for a run around too. Wouldnt touch a corsa if your even contemplating oe of them :yuck:

One of my sisters has the 2models old shape, a 80s if i remember right (notchy gearbox and dodgy steering) and my other sister has the old shape with the abarth kit on. My friend has the newer one in black and its much nicer than my either of my sisters cars. I wouldnt say they where rubbish but i just wouldnt have one. I think theres better cars out there.

Draw up a list of potential cars and go test drive a few and see which you like best.

Just remember with the way cars are going now even rep mobiles are pretty quick so power isnt everything. Get something thats well built, wont cost you a fortune and handles well. Build your no claims up and get something decent a few years down the line.

My girlfriend had an early Saxo, and it was OK. But they are generally driven by idiots now.

I like the Fiesta Zetec S, handles brilliantly, much better than the Punto or the Saxo.

What about a 3 door Focus?? Less of a risky motor, easily modified, and will outhandle any of the 'lukewarm hatches' out there. Less on the insurance too.... ;)