saxo VTR or Sporting punto

N1SM0350z

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much are you planning on spending to buy the car and what is your insurance budget?

well i havnt really planned but i suppose not more than 7-8k if im gna get finance and insurance up to 1500 maybe

thats y the mini is good its only 1100 to insure

How much are you planning on spending to buy the car and what is your insurance budget?

well i havnt really planned but i suppose not more than 7-8k if im gna get finance and insurance up to 1500 maybe

I'd spend £5K on a slightly older car but get something really interesting to drive. Then spend some more budget on the insurance.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... x_mileage=

I'd spend £5K on a slightly older car but get something really interesting to drive. Then spend some more budget on the insurance.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... x_mileage=

You trying to kill the lad? :lol:

Interesting reading the differing views on here and from my own experiences it seem the French cars still have build quality issues and the Italians still make dodgy electrics - nothing seems to improve.

The new Mini should be far more relaible and residuals are far better - its amazing how many people don't look at that side of ownership - the most costly aspect of car ownership - see: www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/default.asp?storyId=13987

But yes, new Minis are around every corner.

I've tended to buy something that is a little less known but can often see off the more well known makes - a Daihatsu Charade GTti a way back was a real hoot and as good as any of the old Mini Cooper S's, and pushed out over 100bhp from its 998cc three pot turbo charged engine. That's partly why I love the ZED so much now - still not many people out there really know what they are about - lost count how many times I have been asked what it is :dry:

But getting back to something small and more up to date the latest Suzuki Swift Sport is a great drive - Tiff and others highly rate it and in the 3-door guise it doesn't look your Grandma's car - unlike the Panda 100HP as good as that apparently is to drive. Not sure what the s/h prices or insurance is likely to be but at least you should get a reliable motor that would give you a lot of fun :thumbs:

That's my two-pennies worth :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dude... get a 316 bmw like the green one in my sig. Car was only £3k, and its only insurance group 11. And at your age thats a cool car to have. i had that at 21 and with no no claims, it was £1100. I'd had a crash the year before.