Oil cooler

Jetpilot

Had the Mishimoto oil cooler on my Zed and the only issue was that it was a tight squeeze fitting it in there behind the bumper. You may be able to see from the picture below that some of the plastic fins needed to be trimmed so that it didn't rub.

Other than that though fairly straight forward AFAIK. ;)

105_zpsca762553.jpg

Just to point out that the oil needs to reach a minimum of 90c and preferably 100c or water vapor etc are not re evaporated, so most coolers need covering in cold weather to avoid over cooling which is just as bad, if not worse that getting too hot, and if not your better off without one, also remember that there is a constant small flow of oil through the cooler from a thermostatic plate anyway to avoid thermal shock.

• Like 1

Overkill then? I am already running an aps high capacity cooled sump, maybe i should just get a temp gauge on and see whats happening first :)

Think i will get a gauge and see what happens come spring/summer and more so on track :)

I would definitely get an oil temperature gauge fitted then if you haven't already.

My SC'd Zed used to sit around 90 under normal daily use with it going up to around 100/110 odd on slightly warmer days. Soon as I went on track it was up to around 120/130+ within a lap or so.

Definitely wise keeping an eye on these things if you can. ;)