Headlight brows grrrr

Zeezeebaba

The previous owner of my Z installed brows paint matched to the car. I didn't mind them but noticed the lens underneath were trapping heat and starting to damage the surface of the lights.

Today I removed them and by christ were they bodged on. The putty like substance was easy to remove but what appears to be superglue type stuff was also present.

After a good clean I still have glue on the light cover one side and was wondering what sort of solvent destroyer would sort it. I need to be careful as it may have eaten into the cover a little.

Oh and if anyone wants a free pair of GM brows they can have them :)

Christ don't use Nitromors it will melt the plastic lens! Try white spirit to start with or meths on a cloth. If that fails and it is super glue you could try chipping it off or failing that fine wet n dry.

I would get a headlight restoration kit for £20 or so and go through the sanding/polishing step by step process. It will kill two birds with one stone and restore your headlights too. Good luck.

Sod it I'm just going to get facelift bi xenons instead. I've now used a fine cutting compound but it looks like one small spot has been damaged by the glue so further cutting is pointless.A shame as the rest of the lights are fine bar one inch and a half patch where the glue has eaten the cover.

Thanks for the input guys.

Edited by Zeezeebaba

i ve got a pair of o/e 54plate headamps sat in the garage which have beed stripped of the ballast and bulb wiring.....open to offers.was holding just in case i needed them as spares but sounds you need them more than me.