Pop filter or standard air box with piper cross in for uprev..?

hairyman68

• 4 weeks later...

I might have a slight misconception to iron out, I always imagined the velocity stack goes at the top plenum end of the intake, so it goes down by the filter? Just got a pop charger but I wanted noise anyway, 300bhp is more than enough "go" for me!

I tried the velocity stack mod with piper cross filter, but didn't feel as good as the pop filter so I've gone back to that. Also spoke to the lad doing my up rev and he said pop filter over the stack.... but I suppose it's what people want or expect, but I prefer the pop..

With a free flowing exhaust, plenum spacer and velocity stack air box around 10-20 hp at most. You probably won't even feel it on a 350. If you want a pop charger then go for it , it will lose a couple of horses at most . :)

He's wrong. Any cone intake will suck in more hot air than a panel filter, which will give less power.

That said, I'd stick with the cone filter as whilst you'll never notice an extra 2bhp, you will notice the better noise and that's worth far more to the driving experience IMHO. :)

I have the pop charger never gained or lost with it,but the engine breaths better and when I open the throttle up boy oh boy I grin like a cheshire cat,with the sweet sound of engine and exhaust notes,its that nice I turn the music/radio system off and when going through tunnels i open the windows,sad but true :teeth: :teeth: :D :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...