Warranty issues and rubbish dealers

zedproud

We all seem to suffer from the same problems with our zeds,wether it be mechanical or just plain unhelpfull and unprofessional service from the dealer network.Why do we still like our cars and put up with all the crap?,can't we force change upon Nissan?.Surely we must have some clout along with the other owner groups.The clutches,driveshafts,gearboxes etc should all be built to handle the power and performance of the zed with ease.

Its because they sell £5k micra's and other rubbish cars and generally are not used to dealing with knowledgable zed owners and their cars. They blag grannies all day long with dodgy service and info and think they can do it to zed owners :dry:

Its because they sell £5k micra's and other rubbish cars and generally are not used to dealing with knowledgable zed owners and their cars. They blag grannies all day long with dodgy service and info and think they can do it to zed owners :dry:

Think you hit it on the head there, Sarnie. :thumbs:

my local dealer (now closed) was a small family business and always looked after me pretty well, knowledgable mechanics and helpful staff, but last year when Nissan threatened to withdraw the dealershiop unless they spent in excess off £150k to upgrade the showrooms etc to Nissan's corporate style and standard they told Nissan to stick it and closed, its now being pulled down to build a supermarket

I agree with what has been said and particuarly a problem with those dealers that have multiple franchises. I also deplore the charges they make :angry: .

But if you think of it from the employess side they probably get pretty bored with all the micras etc they normally have to deal with. Generally I have found over many many years of having to use dealers that if you show you have the car because you enjoy it and know something about it they become more positive. Asking to meet the technican concerned helps and if you find your car comes back without problems/scratches, going back to give that technician (and/or front desk service person) who have been careful/helpful to say thank you and give them a 'drink' does help sort out things in the future. Yeah, perhaps we shouldn't have to resort to do that and I expect I'll get some stick to on here about it , but whether you agree with it or not, 'tipping' such people who otherwise get little thanks for what they do can work wonders. ;)

We always get brilliant service in the the local resturant we use for the same reason - remember the guys concerned are unlikely to be earning wages that enables them to buy ZEDS, so a few extra quid direct to them makes the difference. :)

I agree with what has been said and particuarly a problem with those dealers that have multiple franchises. I also deplore the charges they make :angry: .

But if you think of it from the employess side they probably get pretty bored with all the micras etc they normally have to deal with. Generally I have found over many many years of having to use dealers that if you show you have the car because you enjoy it and know something about it they become more positive. Asking to meet the technican concerned helps and if you find your car comes back without problems/scratches, going back to give that technician (and/or front desk service person) who have been careful/helpful to say thank you and give them a 'drink' does help sort out things in the future. Yeah, perhaps we shouldn't have to resort to do that and I expect I'll get some stick to on here about it , but whether you agree with it or not, 'tipping' such people who otherwise get little thanks for what they do can work wonders. ;)

We always get brilliant service in the the local resturant we use for the same reason - remember the guys concerned are unlikely to be earning wages that enables them to buy ZEDS, so a few extra quid direct to them makes the difference. :)

spot on

Couldn't agree more.