Any plumbers? :)

Vlad

First off identify where the noise is coming from before you get too excited about doing the job.

As said above if it happens when the central heating comes on its more likely to be the pump squealing or water velocity noise through a non return valve or heating valve.

Sometimes the noise can travel along the pipework making you think its in a different area than it actually is.

If its the pump its most likely to be in the boiler or situated near it if its external. Where is the boiler/Pump ?

You mentioned doing it after work.... think twice before you start a job and end up in trouble because you need bits and no where is open.

Edited by gsexr

Right...this is kind of embarrassing and annoying :D

There are no tank in the loft or anything else (shows how much landlord knows about her house :lol:).

Sorry Dan for wasting your time to type up guide about replacing the valve.

Cant hear that noise in the loft either. So that crossed out.

Noise only can be heard in the bathroom.

Toilet is fine. Taps are ok.

So checked radiator and found it... TRV was making that noise...probably a bit faulty? But I turned it a little bit (closer it a bit) - and noise is gone and 1hr later still not re-appeared and radiator still hot... So that will do for now.

I guess if it comes back, it will need new TRV?

Chapter 2.

How hard is it to replace TRV? :lol: :lol:

that`s just water velocity noise mate that your hearing. As the room warms up and the valve starts to close reducing the diameter that the water is being pumped through. Fixed speed pump and an ever decreasing orifice its inevitable that you will get this noise.

Later type energy saving/ variable speed pumps can help.

Usually the bathroom radiator does not have a TRV as you need an open loop on the circuit for pump overrun. This is to stop the boiler overheating unless there is an automatic/ manual bypass fitted.

Just mentioning this in-case you experience issues after you have turned the valve down a bit. Then again you may have another rad on the system without a TRV.

that`s just water velocity noise mate that your hearing. As the room warms up and the valve starts to close reducing the diameter that the water is being pumped through. Fixed speed pump and an ever decreasing orifice its inevitable that you will get this noise.

Later type energy saving/ variable speed pumps can help.

Usually the bathroom radiator does not have a TRV as you need an open loop on the circuit for pump overrun. This is to stop the boiler overheating unless there is an automatic/ manual bypass fitted.

Just mentioning this in-case you experience issues after you have turned the valve down a bit. Then again you may have another rad on the system without a TRV.

Yea, after I turned it down it started making noise about 2hts later.

So I have it a tap, like Dan said, and it's ok so far lol

If it happens again, I just get landlord to sort it out :)