Anyone a Blogger or want to give it a go?

Grundy

Basically I'm looking at generating some more traffic for my website, one of my few ideas was publishing articles to share across social media.

Fundamentally it's going to always be a car related blog/article.

I guess I'm looking for some tips, suggestions and volunteers really.

From what I've seen out there, there are many faults with various car related websites that are quite popular (even with their faults), such as Grammar, Layout, Designs and my biggest pet hate,

ADVERTS/POPUPS. As most sites are in it for the money, they will plow their website with adverts to generate income.

I can offer you a clean, fast, responsive, eye please webpage to display your article :)

I've already got one article under way which I think is pretty unique - 'A Returning Car Enthusiasts View on Todays Car Scene' Which is being created by someone well known on here :p But I think it will be insightful as they hadn't been to a car show in over 10 years. Since then a lot has changed.

I'd quite like some suggestions on what people would like to read.

Tips - Such as, How many characters is too much before you get bored/

Topics - Just some that came to me were, Stance - Hate it or Love it?, Daily Driver? The costs of being a drifter.

As you can see, I need some inspiration, and people willing/wanting to write up content for these :)

What do you all think?

• Like 1

Nice idea :thumbs:

I always want to click on the articles with links like, "This cheerleader meets a footlong hotdog for the first time, you'll be amazed at what she did next!".

More seriously, I don't think the length of articles is an issue so long as the quality of writing is good. The biggest problem with the web being more or less free to publish, is that any lunatic can write not just factually inaccurate content, but also incredibly dull content. Obviously that's subjective, to a degree, but something well written can attract someone not interested in the subject. Where as something poorly written can cause even a subject matter enthusiast to get bored.

Nice idea :thumbs:

I always want to click on the articles with links like, "This cheerleader meets a footlong hotdog for the first time, you'll be amazed at what she did next!".

More seriously, I don't think the length of articles is an issue so long as the quality of writing is good. The biggest problem with the web being more or less free to publish, is that any lunatic can write not just factually inaccurate content, but also incredibly dull content. Obviously that's subjective, to a degree, but something well written can attract someone not interested in the subject. Where as something poorly written can cause even a subject matter enthusiast to get bored.

Hence I'm not writing it :lol:

I click on a lot of those links that are - look at harry potter cast x amount of years on etc.

And the website is horrific, it's like 1 character per page, laid out horribly, million adds and stupidly slow site.

Hello mate, sorry didn't respond on FB. Would like to help but would have to be in the new year. Sorting out school applications for Alfie, moving house in 10 days, new 'dual' job role of sales and operations means work is manic, Christmas around the corner and so on and so forth means spending time researching and writing a blog is a bit down the priority list at the moment unfortunately. Should be able to contribute a few bits in a couple of months though, maybe one piece entitled "Why Celica GT4s are better than 350zs" for a starter..? ;)

• Like 1

What grabs your attention?

Trying to think of topics that will appeal to a large crowd. I know you can't please everyone.

Some recent topics that i've seen which made me click on...

Top 7 Mods which are illegal in most states/countries.

The Vape game is killing the car scene ( this was a sarcastic article created to generate traffic) - I really don't want to go down that route.

Can anyone think of some good topics?

What grabs your attention?

Trying to think of topics that will appeal to a large crowd. I know you can't please everyone.

Some recent topics that i've seen which made me click on...

Top 7 Mods which are illegal in most states/countries.

The Vape game is killing the car scene ( this was a sarcastic article created to generate traffic) - I really don't want to go down that route.

Can anyone think of some good topics?

The top 7 mods one got me as well!!

I think a popular one would be 'which cars give the most bang for their buck'

• Like 1

- At last petrol car owners can feel smug now that everyone knows diesel is killing the polar bears.

- Anything saying "Tesla is better than ICE because..." will troll Petrolheads and get clicks.

- 10 bang for budget cars you must have on your bucket list.

- Why hasn't there been a decent FF car ever, except the Teg.

- Why do super fast German Luxo Barges give me a flop on?

Youth Hostelling with Chris Eubank?

• Like 4

Posted · Hidden by Stutopia, November 19, 2015 - Tidied
Hidden by Stutopia, November 19, 2015 - Tidied

HOW TO GAIN 10" ON YOUR PENIS WITH THIS ONE SIMPLE TRICK

I clicked on one of those once. Ended up with something too big to comfortably use.

image_zpshyouewoi.jpeg

• Like 1
Posted · Hidden by Stutopia, November 19, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Stutopia, November 19, 2015 - No reason given

Arm wrestling with Chas and Dave?

UFC with Matt and Jeff Hardy (or have I missed the point)

Also my thread has spiraled :(

Arm wrestling with Chas and Dave?

UFC with Matt and Jeff Hardy (or have I missed the point)

Also my thread has spiraled :(

I feel somewhat responsible and will tidy it up.

You didn't need too :lol: But thanks. Got Mouthwash on Lockdown!