Wheels spacers

Easty

Sorry guys I know it's probably been asked thousands of times but I'm stuck.....

Just got another Z and thinking it needs spacers, I just don't know what size ect I should go for!!

She has standard Rays on her, Iv hear that 25mm rear and 20mm front is what looks good but I really don't know.

Does it affect the handling or anything else?

What's the positives and negatives of them?

I had 10" on the front and 20" on the back until I got staggered rotas B)

Huh?

I'm hoping he means mm!

20/25mm looks great, brings the wheels to where they should have been out of the factory. Some people say they have handling issues with spacers, but most don't so I'd put it down to geometry issues that have been made worse by the spacers and would be fixed by a good alignment.

Think I'll probably go for 20mm front and 25mm rear then because I'm planning on a set of coilovers at some point.

And I'll get the geo done too. Just incase.

Any preference on what to go for? Seen some that are just the spacers and there pretty cheap, what's the different between them and the ones that are £80+?

Anything to do with holding your wheels on, brakes, suspension etc I'd go for something reliable. Torqen on here have some nice coloured spacers or there's Eibach which are well known. I've heard of vibration issues with badly manufactured spacers.

If you want to go cheap and put up with fitment issues on body kits or whatever that's fine, at least they're unlikely to break and kill you.

thus far i went with 20mm rears as for me the 25's give the rear end a 'try hard' forced look if you see what i mean. with 25's straight away you look and say, thats on spacers with so much tyre tread on show - however with the 20's it looks nice and OEM+ lookingmy 2p

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1