Anyone see the problem here?

Tuck

How do you know the discs on the wrong side ? You can't see the veins in the vented section of the disc ? !

Well my nit picking, rider of aquatic hills, in the history of fitting grooved discs to motor vehicles, when have you EVER seen a disc with veins facing the opposite way of the grooves. I certainly haven't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do some research tucker about grooved discs .

So whats wrong with this pic?

Answer - nothing as the op doesnt have a clue what hes on about ;)

Funnily enough I have done my research, and If you have any evidence of any discs that are purposely grooved in a opposite direction of the veins. Than I will send you a full written apology and a full size, big boy surfboard.

Edited by Tuck

From my ( yes limited ) understanding of drilled and grooved discs it all depends on the inside veins as to which way the go . If the veins are straight then it doesnt matter which way the grooves are on the outside go . If the veins are curved then the disc is either one side or the other .

079BA1F3-CDB4-44D3-9FB1-4C2E1A2EE6F9_zpsdxspuq8m.jpg

Edited by Bodyboarder81

Does no one see the fact that a chunk of the disc is missing? I'm assuming that's what the OP was getting at. No idea why you're all trying to out do each other with your knowledge on which way a few holes go.

That's just the shoddy camera work, the disc is whole as The fella proceeded to reverse and drive away. I was getting at the disc looked to be the wrong way round but some keyboard gangsters always have to nit pick and ruin the banter. God help anyone that uses incorrect grammar on a YouTube video comment when this boy is going about 😯

Edited by Tuck

Don't worry, Bodyboarder just hasn't had his cornflakes yet.. He's usually fairly friendly depending on the size of your bank. :p

He seems like a delightful fellow, trying to make someone look foolish and calling for them to be 'banned' after posting their first thread.

Ya not really sure why I bit on this to be fair ?!

Anyway ..... I'm off to see if I've fitted my discs the right way ;)

You bit because you are one of the unpleasantries that comes with online forums. There's always a few on any forum. ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

so are the discs on the right or wrong way ? This was your whole point of this thread right?

Banned ..... Banter my friend . Once youve been on here a while you will get the hang of it :)

Give it a rest, you ruined the banter. There's a line between banter and being intentionally offensive. May want to learn that before you give the impression that no one new can post anything incase the bodyboarding gestapo turns the banter into blatant persecution.

Painful.

However, Bodyboarder is 100% correct: It's the internal vanes that determine which way the disc goes, not the grooves. Some discs ARE grooved forwards to clear the pad better at the expense of wear, most are grooved backwards though. Thing is, you can't tell just from looking at the side, end of.

But yeah, great way to ingratiate yourself onto a new forum. Nothing like a bit of aggression, eh? Bet you're a riot when you walk into a new pub and start picking a fight with the locals.

• Like 3

Ha ha ha .

You've made a great impression of yourself :)

And you've given a great impression for yourself,

'Let's ban the new guy for making a post'

Painful.

However, Bodyboarder is 100% correct: It's the internal vanes that determine which way the disc goes, not the grooves. Some discs ARE grooved forwards to clear the pad better at the expense of wear, most are grooved backwards though. Thing is, you can't tell just from looking at the side, end of.

But yeah, great way to ingratiate yourself onto a new forum. Nothing like a bit of aggression, eh? Bet you're a riot when you walk into a new pub and start picking a fight with the locals.

I wasn't disputing the fact of which the groves pointed. Stop jumping on the bandwagon it was settled ages ago. No need to jump in and throw you weight around.

And usually when I go into a pub if a local immediate comes out with aggression it's going to be met with aggression. There's no need to persecute anyone because of you own opinions. You appear to be that local that jumps on the band wagon to cause further aggression. Great way to welcome yourself too.