Emigrating

SteveM

Awesome . . I know how you feel. We did the same 3 years ago, sold everything (Suitcase each and shipped 2.6 cubic m of belongings) and now in Vancouver. Best move ever!!

I Emigrated with no job as well, start putting feelers out now, you may find that some companies will wait to get the right person.

What do you do? If you work in Tech then you should not have any trouble getting a job, but be prepared for a long commute every morning. The traffic in all of SF is horrific. I go fairly often to the office (Mtn View) and some people take 2 hours each way to get to work, although you can get the Bart from East Bay to downtown.

Good luck with it all :thumbs:

Doogy im a civil / structural Draughtsman. we will be base out in Walnut Creek for the first part (staying with the father in law) and yes if I get work in town I am to get the Bart but I will also have another Motorbike out there.. will be looking to pop up to Vancouver now and again to get my fishing fix on the Fraser..... will have to drop by and see you sometime

• Like 1

Doogy im a civil / structural Draughtsman. we will be base out in Walnut Creek for the first part (staying with the father in law) and yes if I get work in town I am to get the Bart but I will also have another Motorbike out there.. will be looking to pop up to Vancouver now and again to get my fishing fix on the Fraser..... will have to drop by and see you sometime

Don't do it, Doogy lives in a really dodgy neighbourhood!!
  • Like 1

I don’t want to hijack this thread, but it’s apparent that some of the posters on here have recently travelled to the USA and are familiar with the online forms to travel from the UK.

I am helping an elderly relative who wishes to travel to the USA next month (They do not have internet access)

So far I have completed an online DS-160 Form and am about to complete an ESTA application.

Can anyone please let me know do I require anything else?

Cheers

I don’t want to hijack this thread, but it’s apparent that some of the posters on here have recently travelled to the USA and are familiar with the online forms to travel from the UK.

I am helping an elderly relative who wishes to travel to the USA next month (They do not have internet access)

So far I have completed an online DS-160 Form and am about to complete an ESTA application.

Cheers

I only do the ESTA when I travel to the US, its all done on line. Make sure you take a screen grab of the Approval and print it out. Some of the Customs folk can be "picky"

Cheers

I only do the ESTA when I travel to the US, its all done on line. Make sure you take a screen grab of the Approval and print it out. Some of the Customs folk can be "picky"

Thanks mate, for the response and your ESTA hard copy suggestion :)

• 3 weeks later...

well the father in law has bought himself a new car so he offered us his car at what he would have got trade in for it... seemed too good an offer to turn down as it will mean we have a car as soon as we get out there so no need to start hunting for one plus we know the history of the car... oh and of course we are getting it cheap... oh and then there is the small matter of the 5.4ltr supercharged V8 with 500 ponies that might have swayed the deal :teeth: ok its not American Muscle but it is a V8. really need to get round to selling the 350!

661a107e9cd9cfddf21de60f9929eb76.jpg

5b73aed98f0c86202b162b51f9944715.jpg

• Like 1

My wife lived in San Fran for a couple of years before we got married and I visited occasionally, she lived in Russian Hill and worked in Palo Alto.

She now spends a fair bit of time in Philadelphia instead , not nearly as nice :)

Edited by Richf