Tyre dilemma - Toyo vs Michelin

James Junior

Hi all,

I recently changed my rear boots on the Zed. Having had a great experience fitting Toyo Proxes to my outgoing Z4 Coupe I went for a set of the same for my rears on the Zed.

I knew my fronts would need doing shortly so intended to fit matching Toyos a few weeks later.

However....I now realise that conventional wisdom among my fellow Zeddists is that Michelin Pilot Sports are head and shoulders the best tyres for the 370Z.

So now I am a bit torn as to whether I should fit Michelins to the front and run them with the Toyos until the rears are due to be changed next, or just go for Toyos on the front too to have a matching set.

Whilst it would be nice to go for a matching set of Michelins now, I just can't bring myself to bin the Toyos that are on the back as they have literally been on for about 500 miles.

I would be interested in your views people.

Regards

James

Now that is a dilemma. Never had toyos so I can't compare them to the MPSS. But if your happy and confidante with them I'd get matching for the front. Either that or get a full set of Mpss and ebay the toyos. I wouldn't be mixing the tyres at all even if you plan on changing the rears when there done which could be a year or two depending on your yearly mileage ?

Edited by SHEZZA

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your input guys.

The Toyos are unfit for purpose in the wet - very poor grip levels and have spun the wheels up a number of times. I'm no hooligan either - they're scary!

Removing them ASAP and swapping for a full set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

Thanks for providing your views.

• Like 3