350Z remap result

mdunbar

I had annoying CEL due to a sensor on the exhaust that, despite countless resets, kept coming back on. So, I decided to get the problem mapped out. Attached are the results - I think the car pulls lovely through all gears and has made an excellent car even better in my opinion. For £350 I think it is well worth doing.

Only mods are Invidia backbox, JapSpeed HFC and JWT pop charger.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9TzG4SWiCpINW5Ka0F5STdaS2c

Hard to tell from the slightly blurry image but just cracked 300 then? Pretty good then. ;)

Maybe post the results in the "dyno" thread if you like.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.c...60#entry1529796

:thumbs:

Yeah, sorry shaky hands :)

Aye 300 bhp but I told him I was more interested in linear power delivery than numbers. I'll get a better photo and post in that other thread.

• Like 1

Ha ha. I often have the same debate with my Scottish mates.

I don't know what mapping software they use. I just know they do custom maps. Certainly have a well kitted out workshop and dyno, if you can tell anything from that. One of the best maps I've ever had on a car was by a chap up North called Andy Forrest who worked out of a shed and mapped cars on the road with his laptop :lol:

It's all about the mapper for me. These guys are good. More info: http://durhamremaps.co.uk/benefits/

Edited by mdunbar

Yeah. Been well looked after too. Off shore worker owned it, so only got driven/pampered when he was home over the years.

It'll go up now though as I am using it as a daily driver and do on average 8k miles a year. These cars need to be used in my opinion :)

Yeah. Been well looked after too. Off shore worker owned it, so only got driven/pampered when he was home over the years.

It'll go up now though as I am using it as a daily driver and do on average 8k miles a year. These cars need to be used in my opinion :)

Agreed! Mine's a daily too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those numbers though even if it is low miles. I always thought a revup remap was the only way forward. Im from Durham so this looks a good place to go. Mines 53 plate with 100k on it so I don't think it will see such an improvement. How does it drive now then as most whom get the revup state it feels so much better.

Those numbers though even if it is low miles. I always thought a revup remap was the only way forward. Im from Durham so this looks a good place to go. Mines 53 plate with 100k on it so I don't think it will see such an improvement. How does it drive now then as most whom get the revup state it feels so much better.

Go and have a chat with them or contact them via Facebook. They're very helpful and will probably be able to tell you more than I can about what to expect from your car. Tell em I referred you and I want something free :lol:

I've only drove it a few miles from Durham to Beamish, so a bit of motorway, urban and b roads. It just feels much smoother and instant on the throttle and in all gears regardless of speed. Makes an excellent car even better and well worth doing.

It is easy to get carried away with the bhp numbers but it is the torque lines you want to look at most in my opinion as I reckon that is what has been the vast improvement with my car and the way it drives - see it better on this image than my shaky photo: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9TzG4SWiCpIOXFsQTJOR0dtQUE

Edited by mdunbar

To keep the numbers in perspective, that's showing a 12 year old DE making MORE than the factory power output before the remap. As such, I'm not personally convinced I'd take those numbers as gospel.

What this does illustrate nicely, however, is that the increase between the before and after is far more important than the numbers themselves. It could be saying 280 and 300, or it could be saying 250 and 270, or it could say 400 and 420: Either way, it's the increase that's important and the only reliable numbers there.

Dynos by their very nature are not the most hugely accurate things when it comes to min/max numbers, but they are incredibly good at telling you the difference between two runs.

• Like 1

To keep the numbers in perspective, that's showing a 12 year old DE making MORE than the factory power output before the remap. As such, I'm not personally convinced I'd take those numbers as gospel.

What this does illustrate nicely, however, is that the increase between the before and after is far more important than the numbers themselves. It could be saying 280 and 300, or it could be saying 250 and 270, or it could say 400 and 420: Either way, it's the increase that's important and the only reliable numbers there.

Dynos by their very nature are not the most hugely accurate things when it comes to min/max numbers, but they are incredibly good at telling you the difference between two runs.

I was going to say the pre-map power seems strangely high - also right as well about looking at the curve, too much emphasis put on the 'max' figures i.e. top power achieved and biggest gap in power change - you hardly ever drive in the rpm range of max power and the gap is not constant, it should be the average power increase over the rev range that you should be paying attention to.

Ha ha. I often have the same debate with my Scottish mates.

I don't know what mapping software they use. I just know they do custom maps. Certainly have a well kitted out workshop and dyno, if you can tell anything from that. One of the best maps I've ever had on a car was by a chap up North called Andy Forrest who worked out of a shed and mapped cars on the road with his laptop :lol:

It's all about the mapper for me. These guys are good. More info: http://durhamremaps.co.uk/benefits/

Andy Forrest: big name up here with the Scooby crowd: :#1:

• Like 2