Is Tinder a bad topic to mention...

GizmoGold

I have no qualms about striking up a conversation with someone, I just wouldn't expect to meet a good, honest woman who I'd want to be in a relationship with in a nightclub or bar. Don't get me wrong I have done in the past but it never ended well.

dating sites are a good place to meet people, the tricky part is finding the right person!

different sites are good for different styles of searching too. tinder is very focused on appearance, more pics less text, while a more traditional site like pof or OKCupid encourage users to write a bit more about themselves.

so it depends what your interested in really. i'm searching for a fellow geek so i've been scouring pof and OKC.

so i don't know what to recommend for tinder, but here are some tips i've picked up along the way for normal dating sites

• fill in your profile (this will filter the wheat from the chaff, don't be the chaff)
  • write a unique first message (while hi or ctrl+v can get a response womens inboxes are flooded with them, so a message that shows you've read their profile can boost your chances)
  • don't compliment a womans looks initially (soooo hard not to accidentally sound creepy, so skip that subject entirely, she's gonna assume you find her attractive cos you sent a message in the first place)
  • check your spelling (she won't know if that was 1 typo in a million or if you never bothered to learn english at school)
  • if you're looking for a certain type of woman, don't be afraid to put the rest off. (i've had well rounded profiles to attract any woman, my current one is very geeky cos i'm looking for a geek)
  • no reply means no interest, don't message again (all it takes is 1 jerk to start spouting abuse after a polite rejection to put women off saying thanks but no thanks. so if you didn't get a reply don't send a follow up message, you've got your answer already)
  • make sure you have a pic with a smile (pro tip, put on a comedy sketch you love and then take a selfie. monty python gave my my first real smile in a selfie, no fake grim as i try to force a smile for the camera!)
  • 1 pic of your face, 1 of your body (clothed! also outside in daylight is good to aim for)
  • don't send dick pics! or get sexual with the chat (my friend is constantly complaining about how she was enjoying a nice convo with a guy then he put her off by trying to talk about sex)

well i hope that helps a few, but like i said some of it probably doesn't apply to tinder

Wow, thanks for all the tips =) I'm definitely going to try the comedy sketch trick to get an actual smile. I'm also doing the old-fashioned approach of chatting to people when out. But like nowhereboy said above, the girls I meet in a nightclub aren't there for a relationship. I know I'm generalising and you'll probably see me talking about this stunner I met in a club in a few months :D

I have no qualms about striking up a conversation with someone, I just wouldn't expect to meet a good, honest woman who I'd want to be in a relationship with in a nightclub or bar. Don't get me wrong I have done in the past but it never ended well.

dating sites are a good place to meet people, the tricky part is finding the right person!

different sites are good for different styles of searching too. tinder is very focused on appearance, more pics less text, while a more traditional site like pof or OKCupid encourage users to write a bit more about themselves.

so it depends what your interested in really. i'm searching for a fellow geek so i've been scouring pof and OKC.

so i don't know what to recommend for tinder, but here are some tips i've picked up along the way for normal dating sites

• fill in your profile (this will filter the wheat from the chaff, don't be the chaff)
  • write a unique first message (while hi or ctrl+v can get a response womens inboxes are flooded with them, so a message that shows you've read their profile can boost your chances)
  • don't compliment a womans looks initially (soooo hard not to accidentally sound creepy, so skip that subject entirely, she's gonna assume you find her attractive cos you sent a message in the first place)
  • check your spelling (she won't know if that was 1 typo in a million or if you never bothered to learn english at school)
  • if you're looking for a certain type of woman, don't be afraid to put the rest off. (i've had well rounded profiles to attract any woman, my current one is very geeky cos i'm looking for a geek)
  • no reply means no interest, don't message again (all it takes is 1 jerk to start spouting abuse after a polite rejection to put women off saying thanks but no thanks. so if you didn't get a reply don't send a follow up message, you've got your answer already)
  • make sure you have a pic with a smile (pro tip, put on a comedy sketch you love and then take a selfie. monty python gave my my first real smile in a selfie, no fake grim as i try to force a smile for the camera!)
  • 1 pic of your face, 1 of your body (clothed! also outside in daylight is good to aim for)
  • don't send dick pics! or get sexual with the chat (my friend is constantly complaining about how she was enjoying a nice convo with a guy then he put her off by trying to talk about sex)

well i hope that helps a few, but like i said some of it probably doesn't apply to tinder

Wow, thanks for all the tips =) I'm definitely going to try the comedy sketch trick to get an actual smile. I'm also doing the old-fashioned approach of chatting to people when out. But like nowhereboy said above, the girls I meet in a nightclub aren't there for a relationship. I know I'm generalising and you'll probably see me talking about this stunner I met in a club in a few months :D

If you're out in a club potentially looking for 'the one' then why can't that hottie at the bar be doing exactly the same thing? Or maybe you/her have been dragged out by friends or are just enjoying a bit of a social life. Worst case scenario; it doesn't work out. Best worst case scenario; you get some 'horizontal slow dance' practice in for that woman you never approach or talk to online :surrender:

• Like 1

If you're out in a club potentially looking for 'the one' then why can't that hottie at the bar be doing exactly the same thing? Or maybe you/her have been dragged out by friends or are just enjoying a bit of a social life. Worst case scenario; it doesn't work out. Best worst case scenario; you get some 'horizontal slow dance' practice in for that woman you never approach or talk to online :surrender:

That's the way I'm starting to see things, what's the worst that could happen! At the end of the day they're just a stranger and if I make a fool of myself no one has to know ðŸ˜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Met my partner on LinkedIn of all online sites lol. We went to the same uni during the same time but never crossed paths. Even have common friends!

Been together over 3 years now, now engaged and getting married next September! :D

Wow that's definitely one way of using LinkedIn that I didn't consider! And congrats! ☺ï¸

• Like 1

That's the way I'm starting to see things, what's the worst that could happen! At the end of the day they're just a stranger and if I make a fool of myself no one has to know 😊

You could get aids, that's pretty bad.

• Like 1

Do you just sh1t where you eat?

I try not to, tho I did meet my girlfriend at work. she was here on a visit from another office. Doesn't work for this company anymore and I knew she was leaving when I met her.

In the past I worked running pubs and clubs and to be honest I was a different person back then, my current set of criteria was certainly not in place. I just decided after numerous failed relationships that i was picking up woman in the wrong places.

That's the way I'm starting to see things, what's the worst that could happen! At the end of the day they're just a stranger and if I make a fool of myself no one has to know ������

You could get aids, that's pretty bad.

On the plus side; you can only catch it once!

Do you just sh1t where you eat?

I try not to, tho I did meet my girlfriend at work. she was here on a visit from another office. Doesn't work for this company anymore and I knew she was leaving when I met her.

In the past I worked running pubs and clubs and to be honest I was a different person back then, my current set of criteria was certainly not in place. I just decided after numerous failed relationships that i was picking up woman in the wrong places.

Or picking up the wrong women in the right places.

So how did everyone else meet their current partners then?

I met mine when I was in a band, and she was the guitarist's younger cousin. She was 15, I was 24 and engaged at the time so nothing happened, but we really hit it off. A few months later and I was single, the guitarist organised a Halloween party and we both had an invite, haven't looked back since. :)

See, being in a band DOES get you chicks! :lol:

• Like 2

I met mine when I was in a band, and she was the guitarist's younger cousin. She was 15, I was 24 and engaged at the time so nothing happened, but we really hit it off. A few months later and I was single, the guitarist organised a Halloween party and we both had an invite, haven't looked back since. :)

That moment that you're praying for a typo....

• Like 2

Just text this message to 0800 OP YEWTREE.

After breaking up with my girlfriend of 7 years who I met on the Internet, I've started using dating apps and I seem to get matched with robots trying to redirect me to sites all the time.

My other problem is trying to find girls without kids haha, me an my exe broke up because I didn't want kids but avoiding them seems to be impossible

After breaking up with my girlfriend of 7 years who I met on the Internet, I've started using dating apps and I seem to get matched with robots trying to redirect me to sites all the time.

My other problem is trying to find girls without kids haha, me an my exe broke up because I didn't want kids but avoiding them seems to be impossible

I broke up with my gf of 3 years, who started as a one night stand, earlier this year and I know what you mean about the kids. I'm 27 and apparently every girl my age already has kids =

I broke up with my gf of 3 years, who started as a one night stand, earlier this year and I know what you mean about the kids. I'm 27 and apparently every girl my age already has kids =

Yeh I'm 25 so everyone in our range already has 3 kids and a dog by the looks of it

• Like 1

Goddamn! I'm 27 and the other half is 22 and she won't stop banging on about kids! Why are they so keen at such a young age? I'm holding out for as long as possible. There is no way a GTR is coming my way with kids in the picture. Unless I offer to sell them to Ekona :lol: (Don't hate me).

• Like 2

Goddamn! I'm 27 and the other half is 22 and she won't stop banging on about kids! Why are they so keen at such a young age? I'm holding out for as long as possible. There is no way a GTR is coming my way with kids in the picture. Unless I offer to sell them to Ekona :lol: (Don't hate me).

My brothers 25 and already has a 1 year old, don't get me wrong cos he's a great kid but I just don't want my own yet. I'd much rather do all the travelling and fun I can before I decide to settle down and spend all my money on a kid.

Mine was 25 aswell and she never wanted kids untill her friends were all pregnant and then its like a biological switch that flips. I think they all want kids really, you just gotta string them along untill its too late for them to have kids

• Like 1

try the free sites instead. i've found more fake profiles on paid for sites than i have on free sites. wasn't impressed with the paid sites anyway.

i like pof because the user base is huge, and if you pay for the upgrade it's still cheaper than a paid site and you get all features. paid sites tend to charge extra for the advanced features!

i also like OKCupid for the questions section, you can learn a lot about a potential match from those and i find there tends to be more properly filled in profiles on OKC than pof. pof has a lot of "ask me" profiles, which are my pet peeve :)