Wanted and advice

-Bradders-

whats hard to understand about i want a list of parts and prices for a rebuild. im not asking for advice on what's wrong with the engine??

something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VQ35DE-ENGINE-REBUILD-OVERHAUL-GASKET-KIT-NISSAN-350Z-INFINITI-G35-A0101-CD325-/151711307979?hash=item2352b2d8cb

I thought some of the guys here may have something like it that would be a start no?

Fine I'll be the one that makes this easier.

Thread should of basically started like this -

'If I was to do a full engine rebuild, what internal components would I need on my shopping list?'

I'm pretty sure bladders wants some one to go

Pistons - £300

Gasket - £150

Cams - £459

Etc

• Like 1

Fine I'll be the one that makes this easier.

Thread should of basically started like this -

'If I was to do a full engine rebuild, what internal components would I need on my shopping list?'

I'm pretty sure bladders wants some one to go

Pistons - £300

Gasket - £150

Cams - £459

Etc

Kind of lol, but i only need the prices from the people selling them not rough ones :D I'm glad you understand lol x

If you are rebuilding to the level where youre looking at replacing rods and pistons youd be mad not to forge IMO, the costs are (probably) not that different between them and it gives you the option to go MASSIVE POWER for the future. Even if you dont go FI Id imagine a forged VQ35 would see around £1000 premium over a stock one as more and more people look into turbos.

Id also advise changing big end shells, oil pump and waterpump while youre in there, the rest is up to you :)

Edited by docwra

If you are rebuilding to the level where youre looking at replacing rods and pistons youd be mad not to forge IMO, the costs are (probably) not that different between them and it gives you the option to go MASSIVE POWER for the future. Even if you dont go FI Id imagine a built VQ35 would see around £1000 premium over a stock one as more and more people look into turbos.

Id also advise changing big end shells, oil pump and waterpump while youre in there, the rest is up to you :)

Yeah covered it already, i'm starting with basics:

Full gasket kit

Shells

Oil pump

rings

then heads being skimmed

Valves reseated/reground

then i thought i might aswel throw some other bits on hence why i was asking if anyone knew of any full kits for example like the one i found above.

im not as stupid as i come across lol ask the people who have met in person :lol: ok dont :lol:

You need to know your goals first. Only you know that.

I'm not one of those plan ahead people, like my honda, one day i just thought mmm you know what feck it im gonna boost it, i went out bought the parts wacked them on and got it mapped to whatever was safe to do so on the engine i had, luckily i made 296bhp on stock internals and that was fun for a while, then i sold it and got a zed :D

Im just like i'll do it as it happens, if i can build it without going 10k+ into it and still amke 350-400bhp then ill stick oem and boost it when i feel like doing so :)

You need to know your goals first. Only you know that.

I'm not one of those plan ahead people

Dude, this is planning ahead. "Not planning ahead" would be opening the engine up and replacing what needs to be replaced.

Anyway, this starting to feel like herding cats, count me as another that tried but gave up eventually ;)