DE Engine Harness Cover Options

Piranha

Been thinking about getting one of these, considering both new and second hand.

From what I can see the main options are:

Evo-R burnt titanium

Rare-JDM

I think Torqen also have them in development.

Any one purchased one of these?

Do some fit better than others?

I saw a second hand evo-r sell for £80 not sure what they are new.

I just bought a new rare jdm for £110...looks amazing but still to fit

Torqen has in development but was issue with the first batch that Adrian wasn't happy with I think so been pushed back I believe.

Thanks

Is there a uk supplier of the rare Jdm or did you have to import.

Be interesting to see how the Torqen ones come out price wise.

Torqen had one for sale that I got but I assume he would be able to get you one if you wanted. Just have to ask him as he can get pretty much anything you want. I can imagine he will along any moment now...just have to give him a shout

ADRIAN!!!!!!

• Like 1

Torqen had one for sale that I got but I assume he would be able to get you one if you wanted. Just have to ask him as he can get pretty much anything you want. I can imagine he will along any moment now...just have to give him a shout

ADRIAN!!!!!!

Sounds like a plan👠I've been putting it off over the summer months but it's now getting colder and mucky out there now, hence considering new versus 2nd hand.

A word of warning on the Evo-R ones, mine sat quite high and was in contact with the bonnet when shut. A few miles of driving. It knowing this meant it rubbed and scratched it. I have a DE style bonnet so not sure if this is only designed for HR or not :shrug:

801a3effcce6fd84da549e85d5696add.jpg

19de9c4685ba7081be26354fd9da8d73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A word of warning on the Evo-R ones, mine sat quite high and was in contact with the bonnet when shut. A few miles of driving. It knowing this meant it rubbed and scratched it. I have a DE style bonnet so not sure if this is only designed for HR or not :shrug:

Thanks for the heads up, it was late last night when I posted, forgot to say this is for the 350Gt Skyline, but same DE engine and mounting point . Now I've seen your pics I'll make sure it's got clearance.

Thanks for the heads up, it was late last night when I posted, forgot to say this is for the 350Gt Skyline, but same DE engine and mounting point . Now I've seen your pics I'll make sure it's got clearance.

Wish I'd known before I got it shipped over :angry: Rare JDM for me I think!

• Like 1

I would have been gutted too, I think the Rare JDM is polished as opposed to burnt titanium, both look good though.

I may just keep an eye out for a used one if there's a chance of it rubbing on bonnet.

I would have been gutted too, I think the Rare JDM is polished as opposed to burnt titanium, both look good though.

I may just keep an eye out for a used one if there's a chance of it rubbing on bonnet.

Yep it's polished, but Mopedmark did me a polished bonnet catch, so I'm thinking one of his plenums would look ace with the rare JDM :D plus the bracket seems to be shorter than the EVO-R, so hopefully it sits lower!

• Like 1

Yep it's polished, but Mopedmark did me a polished bonnet catch, so I'm thinking one of his plenums would look ace with the rare JDM :D plus the bracket seems to be shorter than the EVO-R, so hopefully it sits lower!

Sounds like a much better quality cover.

Would definitely look good with polished plenumðŸ‘

• 1 month later...
Easy to knock one up from a piece of angle stainless that you can get from ebay.2010_0807001.jpgIts

Looks great if only I was that skilled, nice job.

I've managed to pick up a rare Jdm cover. Would you know if they use the existing OEM nuts and securing points to.

Thanks