Scorpion - Cobra - Japspeed K1, which is the best?

checkers88

I apologise if this thread has been covered but after doing an Internet search I haven't found a clear winner.

Obviously much of it is down to personal preference but I think there must be clear advantages to why you'd pick one over the other. From what I've gathered, the K1 is the loudest and cheapest but I'm getting mixed opinions on fitment quality and customer service.

If it's a straight fight between Cobra and Scorpion which is better? I want it to be quite loud but also sound nice, magnifying the v6 note.

Any advice would be great.

Honest opinion is the Scorpion is the best in terms of build quality and it will last a long time. Cobra are also a close second and both of these come with a lifetime warranty

Scorpion is a tad quiet and only has slash cut tips

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/products.aspx?CategoryId=dd1edc90-f600-4205-8db1-1dede1281030

Cobra comes with a few different tip options and resonated or unresonated

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/cobra-shop.aspx

We have been dealing with both brands for many many years and they both have really good customer service, if you plan on keeping the car for a while then you won't go wrong with either of these.

Drop me a pm if I can help further

Cheers Chris

I bought mine direct from scorpion and I must say the build quality is good. Fitment is also spot on. The K1 is so loud and doesn't match the cars elegance if I'm honest. Thslashed tips on the scorpion make it look nice and flush.

I bought a Japspeed K1 and I can honestly say it is way too loud!

If you have the silencer (bungs) in, then it has a nice raspy note which I like but it is not to everyones taste. I also don't like the look with the bungs left in.

Without the bungs, it can make your ears bleed! Its great fun for about a week but then it just drones.

I think it looks great without the bungs, it doesn't have a backbone as such and is to separate cans, ( i really like the look of this)

I bought mine for £120, which I believe for a aftermarket cutback is a very good price. I would like to get some HFC's and a Y pipe, but I don't think i would be able to put up with the sound.

Overall, if you hate your neighbours and love a loud exhaust, its a bargain. If you do more than a few miles a day, DON't BOTHER

Got my unresonated cobra from the Cougar store through the forum, great service and fit and wish I had fitted it 7 years ago when I got the car. Love it and the loud pedal never sounded so good, just wish I could stop stamping on it though as the fuel economy, such as it was, has really gone to @*!#! Ha ha!

• Like 1

Honest opinion is the Scorpion is the best in terms of build quality and it will last a long time. Cobra are also a close second and both of these come with a lifetime warranty

Scorpion is a tad quiet and only has slash cut tips

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/products.aspx?CategoryId=dd1edc90-f600-4205-8db1-1dede1281030

Cobra comes with a few different tip options and resonated or unresonated

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/cobra-shop.aspx

We have been dealing with both brands for many many years and they both have really good customer service, if you plan on keeping the car for a while then you won't go wrong with either of these.

Drop me a pm if I can help further

Cheers Chris

What sort of prices can be had on the cobra? I've noticed some sites offer coupons to receive discount.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk