Cayman S (my review added)

MrsNiki

After reading the ups and downs of Porsche ownership, the other half has finally traded in his 1 series for a Cayman S... His 123d msport had both turbos on the way out (whine was unbearable... On the car!!) and at 100k mileage it was time for trading in for something fun. He is planning on paying the fee for the bearing issue and getting it fixed, I swear I do listen and he has told me the TLA for it before.... And including a clutch and flywheel change while the engine is out. It's a 2006 model with 47000 on the clock, so I said he's as well to with a dual mass flywheel etc. I'm not the most educated when it comes to cars, I seriously wing it, but here's a pic of how pretty she is: bac60904b67df072784e226b24a95bf3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MrsNiki
  • Like 1

So finally got my hands on the keys for the Cayman, and this is what happened:

Drove from Oxford to Gloucester on a mixture of dual carriageway, twisty roads and town driving. The clutch is bloody heavy, put my old 350z to shame (I used to think that was heavy!) The car is very noisy in the cabin due to the location of the engine, but once you get the revs up it sings, and it seems to love the higher revs. The handling is also phenomenal.... It's so responsive on corners that it blows the zed out of the water (don't ban me haha!)

The consumption seems to better than the zed, but I would imagine that's down to it being much lighter. It is fun to drive, but you do have to work hard to drive it if that makes any sense?

MrNiki is planning on retrofitting cruise control for the high miles he does on the motorway, followed by updating the stereo, and finally a milltek exhaust. He plans on keeping it for a few years, however we will have to buy a cheap shed as 2 x 2 seater cars aren't the most practical.

Would I buy one myself? No... For one reason only, it's not as much of a head turner as the zed, and I do love a good pose!!

• Like 4