What should I look out for when buying a 370

davedutch

Hi all,

Like many others recently the time has come ...

Had my 350 for a while now and starting to think about swopping it for a 370

Are there any issues I should be paying particular attention to and i'm not on about zeditis, it already has a firm hold.

Probably looking around 2009/10 with average to slightly high mileage and preferably more or less stock, I know everyone will say the exhaust needs upgrading and that would definately be on my to do list once bought.

Thanks

Go 2010 Premium Connect, it's awesome with the hard drive - it has touch screen as well whereas the 09 doesn't. With a higher mileage check the drivers thigh bolster isn't collapsed, when you sit in the car put your hand under your right thigh and feel for foam, if you feel a metal bar then it's collapsed.

Clicky driveshafts still seems to be common on 370's as well.

Boot spring not always lifting also an issue.

Make sure it's had a P3 - spark plugs as that's a circa £600 service.

Thank nwz, some useful tips.

Nic, the boss won't let me have an Aston db7 and i'm getting bored with the 350 although it still makes me smile when my foot gets heavy, Also planning a two week trip round Europe next September and the boss will be happier in something newer so now'is seems like a good time to start looking with no pressure!

I'd also suggest the 2010 onwards models for the improved sat nav system and USB port (great for connecting an IPod etc.) You can also fit an integrated reversing camera.

Few random things to look out for...

- Check for steering lock fault repair (recall applied to 370s registered up to a certain point in 2010)

- Bonnet, side skirts and callipers prone to stone chips

- Alcantara on the doors and seats prone to wear in certain areas

- As above - Boot springs are hopeless (check to see if the boot clears the catch when the button is pressed)

- Tyres - not sure how the 350 compares, but you don't get much more than about 13k miles out of a set on the 370

Essential upgrade - exhaust.

Definitely worth considering - reversing camera kit.

Edited by sipar69

Awsome

We'll hope you find a good one plenty around now

I love mine like you say nice mix of comfort and performance

Everyone says exhaust system and I agree

The second most noticeable and best thing I did was anti roll bars as well as good tyres

Car feels great now

Edited by nissanman312

Siar,

13k on a set of tyres sounds quite good to me, mine manages about 8k but that's the side effect of enjoying the z and part of why I'm looking a another rather than something totally different.

Guess it depends how you drive. I suspect my driving is fairly tame compared to most. :)

Siar,

13k on a set of tyres sounds quite good to me, mine manages about 8k but that's the side effect of enjoying the z and part of why I'm looking a another rather than something totally different.

Guess it depends how you drive. I suspect my driving is fairly tame compared to most. :)

I've managed 17k out of a pair of rears :teeth:

My car is a 2009 GT spec model without premium connect but I bought it because it was the nicest one around (3 years ago) being one owner and perfect condition with 14000 on the clock

Depends what you want the car for but mine still does what it says on the tin performance wise.

Hard drive and Sat Nav ain't high up my list when looking for a performance car so don't let it put you off earlier models

Still had to pay top whack for it though :)

Siar,

I've managed 17k out of a pair of rears :teeth:

When was that ?...when you were learning to drive :lol: surely not now, the way you hammer it!

Got my car with 8K already on the rears, have done 8K myself and not slowly, still 4mm to go. Front have gone from 5mm to dead in 8K.

Clicky shafts here but I don't care, might fix if I can be bothered. My clutch went nuts the other day at 80K miles but everything else is fine. Interior shows no wear, exterior had some stone chips up front but nothing worrying.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Mine's got clicky drive shafts as well and I'm on 49k. I'll put a spanner in the works - the nav is rubbish, just crap. It's OK to tell you about speed cameras but otherwise a complete waste of money, mine deviates on route informs of traffic delays too late. However....the USB is excellent as you can cradle your phone and it charges your phone & plays the music through the car.

Wish I could keep 350 as well but not an option, I already have five cars on the drive / road and a 17 year old wanting me to buy him a mini, my neighbours already tell me I have my own car lot !

The 350 will either go in px or be sold privately if I don't get offered enough, I have time to choose as there is no rush but would be nice to do this George Wales next June!

We have also had a long think about this, and in reality know that we will not really drive both, also the 370Z will be the fourth car here and we have two in Spain including a 1968 Merc pagoda.

So regretfully I think we will sell the 350Z :(

Crazy, so much has gone into her to keep her in top condition, but she will fetch so little.

To play devils advocate to the rest, you could always get a cheaper 09/59 model and use the money saved to buy a decent aftermarket double din. If you choose the right one they can be far superior to the connect premium :)

Edited by 370Ad

Just out of interest, and I know mileage will vary, but roughly how much is a clutch (normal) and roughly what sort of mileage would you expect to get out of one. I'm only after a ball park !

HR clutch/flywheel is big money. I think OEM is 1300 from Clarks. Mileage really is hard to judge, 40-120k I have seen before.