Warning all van drivers (maybe all vehicles ! )

SHEZZA

Thought I'd share this as its a new one on me. This morning at work a colleague of mine was trying to find out why his drivers side electric window had stopped working. After checking the fuses and everything was found to be ok he then went to his tool bag to start taking panels off ext.... and it was no where to be seen ! First thoughts was that he'd left it on a job on Friday and with it being the weekend had not realized it was missing. Anyway after a bit of investigation we saw that the cable conduit from the door pillar to the door had a slice in it and when pulling it apart some cables had been cut. When the door was shut you could see that someone had rubbed the dirt off the door where the gap is between the wing and the door where they must have slid some narrow cutters in maybe even scissors and cut through the wire which opened the doors and then made off with his hand tools! About £600 worth. Luckily he keeps his power tools in a lock box and they was safe.

He's even got CCTV and that didn't deter the B@#%ards

Edited by SHEZZA

I've had my van broken into 3 times in last 18months, after second time I got dead locks installed , thought that would do the trick but no the t---s still got in and nicked everything . I've now got cctv Only time will now tell but in my opinion if they want to get in then they will, I feel for anybody who's had this happen to them.

• Like 1

I've had my van broken into 3 times in last 18months, after second time I got dead locks installed , thought that would do the trick but no the t---s still got in and nicked everything . I've now got cctv Only time will now tell but in my opinion if they want to get in then they will, I feel for anybody who's had this happen to them.

Doesn't matter what you do they will usually always find a way. Easiest option is to smash the windows of course so not much you can do to stop that bar some very expensive window protective film & even then as you say they will always get in if they want to. :dry::angry:

My mate had his Subaru broken in to when it was parked on his parents drive one late afternoon some years ago, ...they had CCTV footage of this guy riding up on a bike & breaking his window before stealing his stereo.

Pictures of the guys face were even put in the local newspaper in an effort to catch the guy but the Police still couldn't find him. Heck when someone broke in to my old mans TVR that he had back in '02 they had blood evidence & they still couldn't catch the perp. :rant:

Bl**dy low life scum bags. :thumbdown:

Gutted to hear about this.. Sadly it seems to be getting more common rather than less. People think they can get away with anything nowadays!!

Because they can and even if they are caught they only get community service.

Gutted to hear about this.. Sadly it seems to be getting more common rather than less. People think they can get away with anything nowadays!!

Because they can and even if they are caught they only get community service.

You're so wrongly right about this, but this probably isn't the place for me to offer some of my solutions to that!!

Haven't you heard, crime is falling so we need fewer police!!!

Just don't expect them to bother turning up, once the crooks wake up to the fact there just aren't enough police the crime rate will soar because there will be little chance/fear of being caught!!!